{news} Accepted Minutes from the 10-16-07 EC meeting of CTGP in Glastonbury, CT.

B Barry roseberry3 at cox.net
Sun Nov 18 22:30:31 EST 2007

Minutes from the 10-16-07 EC meeting of CTGP in Glastonbury, CT.

Luna’s Pizza, 88 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT  06033,  p: 860-659-2136
Time: 7:00PM to 8PM

Attendees by chapter: Co-chairpersons: S. Michael DeRosa, Greater Hartford
Chapter and Cliff Thornton; Secretary: Barbara Barry, Greater Hartford
Chapter; Treasurer: Christopher Reilly, Greater Hartford Chapter.  Absent:
Jean deSmet, co-chairperson.  No observers.

Set agenda for 10-30-07 SCC meeting which might include but not limited to:

1.       CT Green Times newspaper status: SMD: the writers, editor and
publisher will likely have an edition for prior to the 11-6-07 elections and
another edition after the election.

2.       Results of political actions by the GP of CT with the CT
legislature; issues GP of CT wants to address in

               2008: deferred.

3.       ACLU lawsuit regarding the 2005 CT “campaign finance reform” law:
SMD: Mark Lopez and an assistant will be working for us via the ACLU.  Two
Hartford law firms wanted to assist the ACLU on our behalf but CT Attorney
General Blumenthal denied their request.  I had a 1-on-! Meeting with the
ACLU as a designated plaintiff.  We discussed why I and the Green Party
believe the 2005 CT Campaign Finance Law would be harmful for minor parties
and fairness and democracy. That is how prior Green Party

Candidates had to get on the ballot and how it is likely to be 10-20x worse.
ACLU was interested in

New Haven’s municipal campaign finance process, so we got Ralph Ferrucci on
the phone to discuss

his perceptions.

  4.  CTGP website: no news.

        5.  Treasurer’s report from Christopher Reilly: have $1516.

6.      Requests to be on GPUS committees: this EC group reaffirmed that the
7-31-07 SCC meeting of this party affirmed that the following were approved
delegates at the 7-07 Reading, PA  GPUS meeting and may be representatives
on GPUS Standing Committees: S. Michael DeRosa and Cliff Thornton,
co-chairpersons of the Green Party of CT and Richard Duffee.  This
information had not gotten to the GPUS.  Cliff Thornton is interested in
running for a co-chairperson vacancy in the GPUS and this information must
be conveyed by a representative person, such as the Secretary or GPUS
Representatives to Holly Hart with GPUS. The Secretary will email Holly
Hart, at the GPUS by the Friday, 10-19-07 deadline.

 8.  Any proposals? e.g. from Process and Procedure Committee members: BAB:
none as of this time.

 9.  Addition: a) SMD: the United for Peace and Justice demonstration on
10-27-07 in Boston, MA is seeking the endorsement of the Green Party of CT.
Since this demonstration will be prior to our next SCC meeting (10-30-07)
these EC officers unanimously endorse this event.

      b) CT: I will continue to meet with the League of Women Voters and
former Democratic Senatorial

      Candidate, Ned Lamont to discuss drug policies and election plans.

     c) CT: Cynthia McKinney is still interested in running for President
for the Green Party contrary to previous emails.

     d) SMD:  there appear to be candidates interested in being Green Party
Candidates for all CT Congressional

     districts for the 2008 elections: Richard Duffee in 4th  District;
Harold Burbank in the 5th District;

     Scott Deshefy: a retired CT EPA person who continues to have his
classical music show on

     University of Hartford Radio wants to run for the 2nd District and
Steve Fournier of Hartford to

     challenge Congressman John Larson in the 1st District.  No known
candidate for the 3rd District.

     e) BAB: is there any way this state Party can provide some money to the
2007 Green Party

    Candidates?   Consensus:   no money is available at this time to do so.

10.  Place of next scheduled 11-13-07 EC meeting and place for next 11-27-07
SCC meeting:

To be determined

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:15 PM