{news} Proposed agenda for 11-27-07 SCC meeting - Indian Point coalition

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:27:17 EST 2007

Sorry for this late request, but Nancy Burton would like to invite the CT Green Party to sign on as a member of a coalition to stop the relicensing of Indian Point nuclear power plant.  Last week the Fairfield chapter met and agreed to sign on; I'm hoping the SCC can pass this without the need for too much discussion at Tuesday's meeting.  Unfortunately I will not be at the meeting, but I'm hoping Richard can represent the Fairfield chapter in presenting this proposal.  A detailed description from Nancy follows the proposal below.

PROPOSAL

PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals): Fairfield County chapter

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email):  David Bedell, 12 Ardsley Rd, Stamford, CT 06906, 203-581-3193, dbedellgreen(at)hotmail.com; Nancy Burton, 203-938-3952, NancyBurtonCT(at)aol.com

SUBJECT (10 words or less): CONNECTICUT CAMPAIGN TO STOP INDIAN POINT NUCLEAR POWER PLANT RELICENSING

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee):
An organization is being formed in Connecticut to join a New York State organization - PHASE I (“Public Health and Sustainable Energy”) - in efforts to oppose relicensing of the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant reactors on the Hudson River. The Connecticut group will be known as “PHASE II” and will be a coalition of individuals, families and organizations. Nancy Burton is organizing this coalition.  Nancy is co-founder of the CT Campaign Against Millstone and was the 2006 Green candidate for Attorney General. The Fairfield chapter has already signed on as a member of PHASE II.

PROPOSAL (200 words or less):
The CT Green Party shall sign on as an organizational member of the coalition known as "Public Health and Sustainable Energy (PHASE II)."