{news} Clifford Thornton To Be Honored

Clifford Thornton efficacy at msn.com
Fri Oct 26 13:44:46 EDT 2007

John Woolman College Principal Clifford Thornton <efficacy at msn.com<mailto:efficacy at msn.com>>, founder of the Efficacy organization:

http://www.efficacy-online.org/<http://www.efficacy-online.org/>

.. and recent Green Party candidate for Governor of Connecticut:

http://www.votethornton.com/<http://www.votethornton.com/>

.. forwards this welcome news.  Let's congratulate our colleague!

-- John Wilmerding

<...>

Dear Cliff,

I am delighted to confirm that you have been selected to receive the Robert C. Randall Award for Achievement in the Field of Citizen Action from the Drug Policy Alliance.

This award honors citizens who make democracy work in the difficult area of drug law and policy reform.  Former winners include DrugSense, a nationwide network of volunteer drug policy reform activists; Allan Clear, executive director of the Harm Reduction Coalition; and Elvy Musikka, medical marijuana patient and advocate, and one of only eight recipients of medical marijuana through the federal marijuana program.

Winners of the 2007 Awards for Achievement in Drug Policy Reform will be recognized for their achievements at an awards ceremony on Saturday, December 8 from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the conclusion of the 2007 International Drug Policy Reform conference at the Astor Crowne Plaza hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.  Information about the conference and our outstanding programming can be found at:

http://conference.drugpolicy.org<http://conference.drugpolicy.org/>.

As our honored guest, the cost of the conference registration, ticket to the awards dinner, an economy round-trip ticket to New Orleans and lodging on Friday and Saturday night at the Astor will be taken care of by the Drug Policy Alliance.

Should you accept the award and attend the conference, our consultant Kesselman-Jones, Inc. will be in touch with you soon to collect the necessary biographical information for the program.  All lodging and travel arrangements can be made by the Kesselman-Jones office if you prefer.

Cliff, I just want to say how delighted I am that you were selected to receive this award.  Your commitment and courage in respect to drug policy reform has been nothing short of remarkable.

Should you or your staff have any questions, please contact Stefanie Jones, the conference coordinator, at (212) 613-8047.

Very truly yours,
Ethan Nadelmann
Executive Director

Efficacy
PO Box 1234
860 657 8438
Hartford, CT 06143
efficacy at msn.com<mailto:efficacy at msn.com>
www.Efficacy-online.org<http://www.efficacy-online.org/>

"THE DRUG WAR IS MEANT TO BE WAGED NOT WON"

Working to end race and class drug war injustice, Efficacy is a non profit
501 (c) 3 organization founded in 1997. Your gifts and donations are tax
deductible