{news} a better forum for state parties Green Party ballot access endeavors

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:33:47 EDT 2007

On 9/9/07, Phil Huckelberry <phil.huckelberry at gmail.com> wrote:

There are two listservs associated with the GPUS Ballot Access
Committee.  One list, 'bac', is the main committee list.  There is also a
second list, 'ballot-access', which was originally intended as sort of an
open list, but it has really not been used much since it was created.

Recently there have been some messages on GNC lists about ongoing ballot
drives in particular states and the need those state parties have for
financial assistance.  Based partially on those messages, partially on
recognizing that the GNC lists are not well-suited for sending out broad
updates or frequent updates about specific ballot drives, and partially on
trying to solve a couple of other related problems, I put forward the idea
of changing the 'ballot-access' list into a relatively low-volume
announcement list where we would try to get hundreds of interested Greens
involved.

This, then, is something of an experiment, to see if we can raise the level
of interest and also participation in Green Party ballot access endeavors
by creating a better forum for state parties to get the word out about what
they're doing and what they need.

To subscribe, send email to:
ballot-access-subscribe at lists.gp-us.org