{news} Are we ready? Apparently not.

Colin Bennett great_land_trust at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 19 11:42:34 EDT 2007

I don't particularly care that much (read: I'm not interested in an argument) but I am slightly curious as to where this idea that the SCSU Environmental Futurists (EF) referred to Green Party candidates as spoilers. I would also like to set the recored straight.

I happen to be a member of the SCSU Environmental Futurists, the longest serving member as a matter of fact, as well as an municipal office holder for the Connecticut Green Party, so I am in a unique position to comment.

I am not saying that a member of the EF did not say something like that, however, if it was said, it definitely does not represent the opinion of the group. Members of the EF come from a diversity of backgrounds, as such, bring to the group a diversity of opinions, including I am proud to say, opinions about politics. In my extensive experience with the EF I have never heard any member of the group refer to Green Party candidates as spoilers; there are a few group members that feel extremely disenfranchised but usually their resentment is directed to the political process in this country, not the Green Party, i.e. these members do not berate the Green Party in order to benefit the Democrats, they just hate politics.

In any case, to set the record straight, the SCSU Environmental Futurists have no position on the Green Party, negative or otherwise, even though several of our members are also Green Party members. And just so you know, the Environmental Futurists happen to be one of, if not the most effective student groups in Connecticut. If you are interested you can read a little more about us below.

PEACE and LOVE.

-Colin

Southern News-
http://seanp284.typepad.com/snews/2007/04/environmental_f.html#more

http://seanp284.typepad.com/snews/2007/04/tackling_recycl.html

http://seanp284.typepad.com/snews/2007/05/working_to_pres.html

http://seanp284.typepad.com/snews/2007/05/recycling_probl.html

New Haven Register-
http://www.nhregister.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18749892&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517515&rfi=8

http://www.nhregister.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18693405&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517515&rfi=8

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18039151&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7576&rfi=6

New Haven Independent-
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/02/a_management_pl.php

Connecticut Business News Journal-
http://www.conntact.com/article_page.lasso?id=41206

Clifford Thornton <efficacy at msn.com> wrote: Connecticut Green Party - Part of the GPUS
http://www.ctgreens.org/ - http://www.greenpartyus.org/

to unsubscribe click here
mailto:ctgp-news-unsubscribe at ml.greens.org       I do not know what we are going to do.
 But this is a chance to put other people
 up front(Mckinney--perhaps).  Maybe some of the same people
 Nader perhaps.  This is just another opprotunity
 in a line of other opprotunities since I've been a Green.

 This is not about sexism or racism--well that is
 debatable.  That is all I heard in Mass during her
 tour and it did not come from her or any person of color.  So, I don't  know
 what we are going to do.  But really, I am tired of
 doing little to nothing. Perhaps we should try and
 get both of them on the same ticket.

 Cliff