{news} Fw: USGP-INT Iranian university chancellors askColumbiapresident 10questions (Fars News Agency)

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Fri Sep 28 23:36:22 EDT 2007

I don't know if I can post to this list. I have been thinking of
unsubscribing for that reason. Anyway, here's a few comments:

- - - - -

In the run up to the war on Iraq, US media were cheerleaders for war.
Although a large percentage of people opposed it, a small group of Neocons
managed to 'sell' the war. It was a disaster.

It appears that the same techniques are again being used to make a case for
war with Iran. The GP should oppose that. Justine is right.

See some of the press and commentaries at
http://www.seconnecticut.com/iran.htm.

How would you answer the Iranian academics ?

Bob

The events at Columbia raise a lot of questions: Has US higher education
been politicized ? Are US media acting in complicity with the Bush
administration to make a case for war with Iran ? Is the US building an
empire ? Wouldn't it be better for the UN to be the world's policeman
instead of the US ? Will military expense bankrupt us ? Will there be
resources for anything else...such as healthcare, infrastructure, eldercare,
education....?

and about Israel: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/mear01_.html