{news} Legal notice required to be published?

Christopher Reilly cpr101 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:29:00 EDT 2008

Several people have mentioned to me that we are required to print in the newspapers a legal notice of our upcoming convention.

I've been trying to find the statute so that I can find out what the time requirements are and also which newspapers we need to print the notice it in.

While we are required to provide written notice to the Secretary of State (Chapter 153 - Sec. 9-452) at least five days before the convention I can't find any additional requirements.

The only thing that I can find that remotely approaches this is the obligation to print a legal notice in a local paper for nominating conventions for municipal office.  However, that section applies only to major parties (Chapter 153 - Sec. 9-390).

Any help would be appreciated.

--Chris Reilly