FW: {news} May 21 action

B Barry roseberry3 at cox.net
Mon Apr 28 20:07:48 EDT 2008

   _____

From: ctgp-news-bounces at ml.greens.org
[mailto:ctgp-news-bounces at ml.greens.org] On Behalf Of Ronna Stuller
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:55 PM
To: ctgp-news at ml.greens.org
Subject: {news} May 21 action

Hi fellow CT Greens,

This year's US Coast Guard Academy graduation will be held on Wednesday, May
21, and Vice President Dick Cheney will be the commencement speaker.

The SECT Peace and Justice Network will gather at the Soldiers and Sailors
Monument in New London (intersection of Bank and State Sts.) at 9 a.m. on
Wednesday, May 21.  Rally with music by the Raging Grannies at 9:15.  Silent
procession carrying tombstones with names of ~4,000 (~100 tombstones, 40
each) to the US Coast Guard Academy.  There the group will "plant" the
tombstones and unfurl the banner with our slogan ("War is Death" or
something else TBD) wherever we are permitted to be present, and stand in
silence.

We invite other individuals and groups to join us.

Peace, Ronna

Checked by AVG.
1:29 PM

Checked by AVG.