{news} Green/libertarian Party litigation Tuesday(12/9) and Wed(12/10) Bridgeport Federal court Building 9AM

Mike DeRosa smderosa at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 20:03:11 EST 2008

Dear Greens:

Our lawsuit (i.e. Just For The Record the Plaintiffs are: G.P.C.T.;
L.P.C.T;  A.C.L.U.; Betty Gallo;  Mike DeRosa; and others) against Campaign
Finance Deform (also know as The No Republican or Democrat Left Behind Law)
continues this week.

When: The hearings in this case start on this Tuesday (12/9/08) at 9:00AM
and will continue on Wednesday (12/10/09) at 9AM.

What: New hearings in this case. We are having the first part of a bench
trial this week before Federal Judge Underhill in Bridgeport.

           (We will not be calling witnesses, but will rely on our sworn
declarations and other evidence. The purpose of the trial is to walk the
judge

                through the evidence and argue the law)

Where: United States District Court, Bridgeport CT

Why: To show support for a constitutionally sound challenge to an unfair and
partisan law created by ethically challenged politicians

           who want a monopoly on state funding of campaigns using biased
criteria and draconian methods and procedures to discourage

           and deny funding to certain political parties and individuals
whose ideas they don't like. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

THE PLAINTIFFS

<http://www.ctd.uscourts.gov/PDF%20Documents/bpt-driving-written-directions.
pdf> Written Directions:

Directions to United States District Court

9 1 5 L a f a y e t t e B o u l e v a r d

B r i d g e p o r t, C T 0 6 6 04

( 2 0 3 ) 5 7 9 - 5 8 6 1

North

Follow Interstate 95 south to Exit 27 (Lafayette Blvd), bear right onto
Lafayette Boulevard,

proceed to the third traffic light. The Courthouse is on your left. Take a
right onto State

Street and immediately get into the left lane. The parking garage is the
first parking garage

on your left (diagonally across from the Courthouse).

South

Follow Interstate 95 north to Exit 27 (Lafayette Blvd), proceed straight to
the third traffic

light. Take a left onto Lafayette Boulevard, go to the fourth traffic light.
The Courthouse is

on your left. Take a right onto State Street and immediately get into the
left lane. The

parking garage is the first parking garage on your left (diagonally across
from the

Courthouse).

Coming South on Route 25/8

Follow Route 25/8 to Exit 2 (Fairfield Avenue), proceed straight to the
third traffic light. You

are now facing the side of the Courthouse. Take a left onto State Street,
proceed past the

first traffic light. The parking garage is the first parking garage on your
left (diagonally

across from the Courthouse).

Coming from the Merritt Parkway

Northbound - Exit 49S, follow Route 25/8 directions above.

Southbound - Exit 52, follow Route 25/8 directions above.