{news} Letter to the editor- Hartford Courant

Tim McKee timmckee2008 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:46:46 EST 2008

  Dear Editors,

  Your anti-Ralph Nader rant (It’s All about Ralph!) personalizes a political movement while missing the big GREEN  picture.

  On “Super Tuesday” thousands of Green Party voters also went to the polls in several states, but your paper did not even have ONE word of those primary results. Over 18,000 voters chose to vote for Ralph Nader, where they were ALLLOWED to vote for him, even thou he is not an official candidate, yet.

  Thousands of Greens have asked Nader to run in 2008, and in 2000, almost 3 million voters selected OUR candidate as the start of the building of a new political movement.

  Your false Harold Stassen comparison neglects hundreds of other Greens who have run because people like Ralph Nader had the courage to run and  help a  build movement. We now have over 227 elected Greens in office with historic wins for First Selectperson and other offices in Connecticut in 2007!

  Our Green Party mission in 2008  is to get 5% national vote for legal and matching funds in the future, not an impossible goal with close to 3% in 2000.

  Please start covering our candidates for President on the Green Party ballot line. Actor and activist Jesse Johnson, former Democrat Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, air scientist Kent Mesplay, and Texas activist and hopefully Ralph Nader deserve fair coverage in your newspaper and your website.

  We need a strong third party in this country, and we need MORE voices and more choices.

  Tim McKee
  National Committee person for CT ‘s Green Party.

  Tim McKee
  Manchester CT
  Home-860-643-2282
  Cell-860-778-1304
  Tim McKee, is a National Commitee member of the Green Party of the United States and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
  BLOG- http://TheBigGreenPicture.blogspot.com/