{news} FW: my first aldermanic address

allan brison apbrison at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:44:15 EST 2008

Sorry, I forgot to do the attachment in my previous post. Here it is.

From: apbrison at hotmail.comTo: newhavengreens at yahoogroups.com; ctgp-news at ml.greens.orgSubject: my first aldermanic addressDate: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:39:34 -0500

Greens, The New Haven Independent and the New Have Register both did stories on my first aldermanic meeting. Attached in the address that I gave to the press conference just prior to the Board of Alderman meeting, and then, in an abbreviated form, to the Board meeting itself. The address was in support of the Peace Commission's resolution calling for an end to military operations in Iraq. The resolution passed by voice vote. There were some neigh's. I wish that I had known the protocol for calling for a voice vote (very easy I think - just call out, 'Roll Call') so that the votes could have been put on record. A second Peace commission resolution calling for the US to comply with our own laws to disarm are nuclear weapons passed by a vote of 17 to 7 with 3 abstains, and 3 absente. Best, Allan