{news} Ralph's angle -

Clifford Thornton efficacy at msn.com
Wed Jan 30 14:27:28 EST 2008

Note from the ABC News article that Ralph Nader
seems to have no qualms about reaching out to
Kucinich & Edwards supporters, and even connects
his announcement to their withdrawal:

Nader said he filed papers with the Federal
Election Commission and launched a Web site after
Dennis Kucinich, a liberal Ohio congressman,
announced his decision to withdraw from the
presidential race last week.

He was set to announce that he had formed an
exploratory committee Wednesday, even before
former Sen. John Edwards made it known that he'd
be ending his candidacy. But with Edwards who has
made economic populism and ending poverty
cornerstones of his campaign leaving the
Democratic field, Nader said, he feels his
candidacy is more urgent than ever.

"When Kucinich threw in the towel, now you have
Edwards gone who's going to carry the torch of
democratic populism against the relentless
domination of powerful corporations of our
government?" Nader said. "You can't just brush
these issues to the side because the candidates
are ignoring them." >>

http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=1664<http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=1664>

Scott