{news} Harold Burbank in Torrington Register Citizen

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 00:47:16 EDT 2008

I think the reporter did Harold a disservice by reporting his remarks about 9-11 without fuller context.  Harold posted an explanation below the article.

http://www.registercitizen.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19846955

07/12/2008
Green Party candidate campaigns in Litchfield

By DAVID HUTTER

LITCHFIELD - A dozen people conversed with Green Party candidate Harold Burbank at a fund-raiser Friday.

Dorothea and Mario DiCecco hosted the 5th Congressional District candidate and those who wanted to learn more about his campaign at their 68 Norfolk Road house. Guests were asked to donate $50 to Burbank's candidacy.

A retired professor from the University of Connecticut at Waterbury, Dorothea DiCecco cited the Constitution in her support of third-party candidates.

"(It) does not say anything about the United States being allowed to have only two political parties," she said.

A human rights lawyer who works in Canton, Burbank condemns President George W. Bush as a war criminal who is breaking international law by waging wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Burbank, 51, blames the Democratic-majority Congress for failing to take a vote about initiating impeachment hearings on the second-term Republican president.

"We oppose the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," DiCecco said. "We do not want to go to war with Iran."

Burbank contends that high-ranking members of the American government, oil companies and banks knew that Islamic fundamentalists planned to hijack American commercial airplanes and attack the United States on Sept. 11, 2001. He rejects the label "terrorist" in referring to the 19 Muslim hijackers who killed nearly 3,000 people by flying airplanes into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania.

"One man's freedom fighters is another man's terrorists," Burbank said. "9/11 was not an act performed by people who had lived in caves in Afghanistan."

Making his first foray for elected office, Burbank is seeking to unseat Democratic incumbent Chris Murphy and fend out Republican candidate and state Sen. David Cappiello in a district that represents about 681,000 people from Danbury to southern Torrington to northern Waterbury and New Britain.

Burbank describes his candidacy as one based on principle and truth, whereas the Democratic and Republican parties are unfairly influenced by wealthy donors, media attention and corporate influence, he said.

Janet Buonaiuto, a registered Republican, said she votes for candidates based on their merits rather than their party affiliation. She said she supports the impeachment of George W. Bush, who she said has eroded civil liberties and childhood education, engaged in reckless overspending and dealt a severe blow to America's standing in the world.

"Harold Burbank is exactly what we need at this time," she said. "Chris Murphy refuses to move to impeach Bush. We need a Congress to look into articles of impeachment."

David Hutter can be reached by e-mail at torrington@ registercitizen.com.

©The Register Citizen 2008

Reader Comments
Added: Saturday July 12, 2008 at 09:49 AM EST

Thanks David
Thanks to David Hutter for attending my 7-11-08 fundraiser and writing about my supporters and me.

To clarify that article, I wish to add that David and I have spoken at some length about the alleged facts surrounding 9-11 and I have stressed that the American people have been deceived by our government, our media and others on the full nature of these facts. We have been lied to by Congress, and many others, about 9-11. I think that every Congressman knows this and refuses to talk about it. Every serious former government official critical of the so called congressional 9-11 investigation, men like former SDI Director Dr. Robert Bowman, CIA analyst Ray McGovern and former RI US Senator Lincoln Chafee, know that the 9-11 Commission Report was incomplete at best and a whitewash of the truth at worst (I think the latter). Bowman, one of my campaign advisors and an endorser, has said 9-11 was a military impossibility unless someone high up in the chain of command, probably in the White House, ordered our best in the world air defenses to stand down on 9-11. McGovern has given countless lectures on the real reasons we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan, having nothing to do with 9-11 or US security. Chafee lost his US Senate seat in part because he had the courage to say that the 9-11 Commission Report was "incomplete". These facts and more are covered in great detail on many 9-11 websites and in many books and articles today.

Sadly, Chris Murphy and all congressmen refuse to call for a full 9-11 investigation, which the City of New York will finally do for itself by city-wide referendum this fall, to establish a city-based international 9-11 investigation commission, led by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and other champions of the truth, peace and civil rights ,so the world and America will finally know the full truth of 9-11 - the greatest single criminal act in US history. As I told David Hutter, my study of this event led me long ago to conclude that a few men in caves in Afghanistan lacked the sophisticated network of political access, espionage and computer expertise, pilot skills, and finance to have implemented 9-11. As former Italian president Gladio Francesco alleged in 2007 in Corriere della Serra, Italy's most widely read and respected newspaper, 9-11 was an "inside job" by US and other forces and has been known as such to international intelligence agencies for years. Google "Gladio Francesco 9-11" for details.

Sadly, our media follow the Bush line of attaching inflammatory words like "terrorist" to such crimes, without full analysis of who and what caused the crime. "Terrorist" is a word meant to scare people into thinking that, in the case of 9-11, the criminals were all from hostile Arab groups desiring to kill and firghten innocent Americans. Much evidence exists that 9-11 actors (all criminals) were recruited, trained and financed and by non-Arabs, including US, UK , Pakistan and Israel intelligence agencies like CIA. Branding 9-11 criminals "terrorists" does not tell us who these people are and what motivated them. Congress needs to reopen the 9-11 investigation for this purpose.

Harold Burbank, Canton, CT