{news} Fw: [usgp-dx] Ralph Nader Issues Statement on Cynthia McKinney's Nomination

Tim McKee timmckee at mail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:48:30 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gary Novosielski"
To: natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org
Subject: [usgp-dx] Ralph Nader Issues Statement on Cynthia McKinney's
Nomination
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:11:42 -0400

*Ralph Nader Issues Statement
on Cynthia McKinney's
Nomination*

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 12:00:00 AM
*F O R I M M E D I A T E R E L E A S E*
Contact: Chris Driscoll, 202-360-3273, chris at votenader.org

*Washington, DC*: Independent Presidential candidate Ralph Nader issued
the
below statement today on the Green Party's nominee for President of the
United States, Cynthia McKinney.

"I want to congratulate Cynthia McKinney and Rosa Clemente on winning the
> Green Party nomination for the Presidency of the United States. I wish
them
> well and hope they go into all 50 states and spread the message of the
Green
> Agenda. The country needs a diversity of voices that are unrelentingly
> progressive, forthright, candid, and documented in good sound civic
values
> and the wellbeing of all the people.
>
> "Third party candidates usually are more forthright and they highlight
> social justice issues that are regularly ignored or contravened by the
two
> major parties. As history shows from the anti-slavery Liberty Party of
the
> 1840's to the women's suffrage and farmer and labor parties up to the
early
> 20th century, eventually the big ideas of these little parties break
> through.
>
> "Although the Nader/Gonzalez and Green Party platforms have many
> similarities, we are not competing for votes, but instead we are allies
> joined in a common struggle to tap the huge and growing numbers of
millions
> of unsatisfied voters who want to vote for something better than the
lesser
> of two-evils. The more progressive voices and choices, the more
widespread
> will be the definition of freedom as participation in power.
>
> "In Cynthia McKinney, the Greens have an energetic and courageous
candidate
> unafraid to challenge America to be better for the millions who are
> marginalized, overcharged, underpaid and ignored by the two-party
duopoly.
> Her vim and vigor offers the Green Party an excellent chance to break
> through in 2008 and provides voters one more viable alternative to the
> DemReps. I wish her and Ms. Clemente good luck."

-30- *
* *click to view original
source*
To send a message to the list, write to:
Natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org
To unsubscribe or change your list options, go to:

You must know your password to do this.

If you can't figure out how to
unsubscribe, as a last resort only,
send a message OFF LIST to
steveh at olypen.com

If your state delegation changes, please see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/documents/delegate_change.html

To report violations of listserv protocol, write to
forummanagers at lists.gp-us.org

For other information about the National Committee, see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/

Tim McKee, Manchester CT, main number cell-860-778-1304, 860-643-2282
 National Commitee member of the Green Party of the United States and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
BLOG- http://thebiggreenpicture.blogspot.com

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses