{news} usgp-dx] Cynthia McKinney backs Cindy Sheehan for Congress (fwd)

Tim McKee timmckee at mail.com
Tue Jun 24 07:58:01 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----

From: "Scott McLarty"
To: natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org
Subject: [usgp-dx] Cynthia McKinney backs Cindy Sheehan for Congress
(fwd)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:02:43 +0000

> From Cynthia McKinney.....

Cindy Sheehan's campaign for Congress released this today:

For Immediate Release
June 22, 2008

CYNTHIA McKINNEY JOINS CINDY FOR CONGRESS!

-- (San Francisco) Former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney Joins
Cindy for Congress as Honorary Co-Chair as No-Strings Occupation
and War Funding, Telecom Immunity Bills Are Ushered Through
Democrat-controlled Congress

McKinney: "The point was to change Washington, DC, but instead
Washington, DC changed Nancy Pelosi"

As a sign of tightening opposition to the string of hope-reversing
policies being put forward by Speaker Pelosi, Green Party
Presidential and pro-peace candidate Cynthia McKinney agreed to
serve as an Honorary Co-Chair of Cindy Sheehan's campaign to oust
Nancy Pelosi from Congress. "Nancy Pelosi needs to phone home,
because it's clear that she's forgotten the values of the people of
California who sent her to Congress. The point was to change
Washington, DC, but instead Washington, DC changed Nancy Pelosi,"
commented McKinney, a former colleague of Pelosi.

McKinney first declared her independence from the national
leadership that voted its complicity in war crimes, torture, crimes
against humanity, and crimes against the peace at an anti-war
demonstration in front of the Pentagon in March of 2007. At that
time, McKinney lamented that the Democratic majority in Congress
had failed to repeal the Patriot Acts and the Bush tax cuts,
introduce and pass legislation for a livable wage and investigate
the Pentagon's admitted "loss" of $2.3 trillion. McKinney bolted
the Democratic Party afterwards, declaring her candidacy for the
Green Party's nomination in December 2007. Today, McKinney adds to
that list Democratic leadership's failure to pass legislation
providing for a single payer health care system in our country and
its inaction on the foreclosure crisis gripping homeowners.

McKinney first publicly endorsed Cindy's Congressional campaign
last year in Kennebunkport, Maine near the home of George Herbert
Walker Bush. According to McKinney, "Cindy's campaign is
increasingly important today as the only way left to put peace,
impeachment, and our values back on the table." McKinney added,
"Cindy continues to show us the power of one, the power that is
within every one of us. Moreover, Cindy Sheehan can win."

"Having Cynthia on board is a significant gain for my campaign. She
has experience in tough campaigns and brings a wealth of knowledge.
I am running to win, we have already raised close to $200,000 and
everyday we get more and more support as people get more fed up
with Pelosi's mis-leadership," says Sheehan.

Since the Democrats assumed control of Congress, according to some
reports, an additional 1,200 U.S. troops have died and nearly
10,000 more have been wounded, with tens of thousands more Iraqi
civilians killed. Hundreds of billions of additional dollars have
been appropriated for war and occupation under Pelosi's watch and
she took impeachment "off the table." Both Cindy and Cynthia are
members of the New Broom Coalition, founded by Dr. Carol Wolman,
the California Green Party's First Congressional District
candidate, a Coalition that seeks to empower the people by putting
a clean sweep to Congress.

Currently, McKinney is preparing to head to Chicago for the Green
Party Convention July 10 - July 13. Sheehan is anchored in San
Francisco campaigning for the first hurdle of collecting 10,198
signatures needed to get on the ballot in November as a "Decline to
State / Independent" candidate.

More information is available at http://www.CindyForCongress.org or
http://www.RunCynthiaRun.org

To send a message to the list, write to:
Natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org
To unsubscribe or change your list options, go to:

You must know your password to do this.

If you can't figure out how to
unsubscribe, as a last resort only,
send a message OFF LIST to
steveh at olypen.com

If your state delegation changes, please see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/documents/delegate_change.html

To report violations of listserv protocol, write to
forummanagers at lists.gp-us.org

For other information about the National Committee, see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/

Tim McKee, Manchester CT, Home-860-643-2282
Cell-860-778-1304
Tim McKee, is a National Commitee member of the Green Party of the United States and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
BLOG- http://thebiggreenpicture.blogspot.com

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses