{news} Cliff Thornton will tour four countries while in Europe--DRUG PEACE DAYS IN VIENNA

Clifford Thornton efficacy at msn.com
Sat Mar 1 08:39:03 EST 2008

Dear friends,

The new version of the programme of the Drug Peace Days that are
organised by ENCOD on 7, 8 and 9 March in Vienna is now available on

http://www.encod.org/info/VIENNA-2008-TEN-YEARS-AFTER.html<http://www.encod.org/info/VIENNA-2008-TEN-YEARS-AFTER.html>

The days will include a Drug Peace March on 7 March to the Vienna
International Centre, seat of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, where
from Monday 10 March onwards, the UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs will
have its 51. annual meeting. In this meeting, the CND will start its
"year of reflection" on the results of the 10 global strategy to
"significantly reduce the supply and demand for illicit drugs", agreed
upon in 1998 in New York. We intend to give them something to reflect about.

In the Conference that will be held in Vienna University on 8 & 9 March
prominent US drug policy reformers such as Clifford Thornton, and Peter
Webster will intervene, next to drug policy experts and
activists from Europe and South America..  Cliff Thornton will also
journey to Germany, France and Italy for presentations with elected
Green Party officials and conferences in those countries.

The programme FLARE and all its participants www.flareprogramme.org<http://www.flareprogramme.org/>
(about 200 young people coming from more than  twenty different
countries, more than 40 organizations) will gather again for the third time
in Italy, in the city of Bari, from 11 to 16 of March 2008, just after
the Vienna meeting!  I would really like to invite
Mr Thorntorn will be in the city of Bari (southerm Italy) on March 12th
to hold a seminar upon alternative solution to drug trafficking.

For those of you who wish to make the trip to Vienna, you can find
information on hotel accomodation on our website. If you need any
assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Joep Oomen

EUROPEAN COALITION FOR JUST AND EFFECTIVE DRUG POLICIES

Lange Lozanastraat 14 – 2018 Antwerpen - Belgium

Tel. + 32 (0)3 293 0886 – Mob. + 32 (0)495 122644

E-mail: info at encod.org<mailto:info at encod.org> <mailto:info at encod.org<mailto:info at encod.org>> / www.encod.org<http://www.encod.org/>
<http://www.encod.org<http://www.encod.org/>>

Efficacy
PO Box 1234
860 657 8438
Hartford, CT 06143
efficacy at msn.com<mailto:efficacy at msn.com>
www.Efficacy-online.org<http://www.efficacy-online.org/>

"THE DRUG WAR IS MEANT TO BE WAGED NOT WON"

Working to end race and class drug war injustice, Efficacy is a non profit
501 (c) 3 organization founded in 1997. Your gifts and donations are tax
deductible