{news} Fwd: [usgp-nc] Announcement from the GPUS Treasurer

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:50:50 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jody Grage <jodytgrage at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Subject: [usgp-nc] Announcement from the Treasurer
To: natlcomvotes <natlcomvotes at green.gpus.org>

I am pleased to announce that we have received the first installment from
the legacy to GPUS from the estate of Sulo Jacob Juoni from Deschute County,
Oregon.   GPUS will receive a yearly check for the FEC limit in effect for
the year, which is $28,500 in 2008, from the Sulo Jacob Juoni Testamentary
Trust for the Benefit of the Green Party of the United States.

The receipt of this bequest is enabling us to make early repayments to the
Green Party members who contributed to the Loan to Pay Printing Costs and to
add $10,000 to our Reserve Account.

In addition, we have the wording in Mr. Juoni's will and in the Trust to use
as examples for those of you who wish to consider including GPUS in your
will.   If you would like to discuss this possibility, please contact Brent
McMillan or me.

Jody Grage, Treasurer

*Sulo 'Jake' Jacob Juoni Published: August 06. 2007 4:00AM PST

* April 21, 1911 — July 31, 2007 *

Sulo "Jake" Jacob Juoni, of Bend (OR) died Tuesday of natural causes. He was
96.

Mr. Juoni was born April 21, 1911, in High Bridge, Wis., the son of Isaac
and Anna Juoni. He married Aili Viro.

Mr. Juoni was a carpenter.*