{news} FW: [newhavengreens] Let's Support Yale Students Protesting Tony Blair Tomorrow

allan brison apbrison at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 18:28:29 EDT 2008

Greens, Join me and others to protest Tony Blair's appearance at Yale at the commencement exercizes tomorrow.  The time is tomorrow, May 25 at 12:30 pm. We will be meeting at the north end of the New Haven Green opposite Phelps Gate to the Old Campus where Blair is to speak. Some Yale seniors are protesting the talk. I've heard that some will be turning their backs on him when he speaks. Let's turn out to support them. Best, Allan BrisonAlderman, Ward 10

To: pac-ct at lists.riseup.net; actshare at lists.riseup.net; from_mecc at lists.riseup.net; for_rachel at lists.riseup.net; ctpeace-activists at yahoogroups.com; al-awda-ct at yahoogroups.com; newhavengreens at yahoogroups.comFrom: MECC at comcast.netDate: Sat, 24 May 2008 13:19:39 -0400Subject: [newhavengreens] Let's Support Yale Students Protesting Tony Blair Tomorrow

A group of Yale seniors are protesting the talk by former Prime Minister and current war criminal Tony Blair in New Haven tomorrow (Sunday May 25)  [see below]Let's support them with protest outside the Yale Old Campus.

 Meet 12:30 on the Upper New Haven Green opposite Yale Phelps Gate.  Its on College Street midway between Elm and High Sts.   Bring signs and banners and noisemkers.Remember what Blair has done:
---worked with Clinton and Bush to enforce the sanctions that killed a million Iraqis---despite knowing the justifications were lies he had the UK join the war of aggression against Iraq in 2003---supported the ongoing siege of the Gaza Strip and the Israeli 2006 war on Lebanon---His forces used depleted uranium weapons in Yugoslavia-- action called for by Middle East Crisis Committee, CT www.TheStruggle.org
[ Add your organization's name to the call and send it around................]

Yale Seniors Mobilize Against Tony Blair, War in IraqAs graduation approaches, Yale seniors have mobilized to protest the controversial Class Day speaker, Tony Blair, former British Prime Minister, for his role in starting the Iraq War. During Blair's speech, which will take place on Sunday afternoon at 2 PM, seniors plan to publicly demonstrate their resistance and opposition to Yale's obfuscation of Blair's role in creating the worst foreign policy disaster in American history.'At this point of stagnation in the war, the everyday bloodshed in Iraq and Afghanistan has become lost from our everyday consciousness—lost in newspaper margins and brief news videos,' said Camille Seaberry, an organizer with Yale Seniors Against the War and a longtime anti-war activist. 'Actions like this push the ongoing war back into the forefront of our attention.'  The seniors will be distributing flyers which call for a full withdrawal of troops  from Iraq and for real accountability for Tony Blair's criminal actions.            For many graduating seniors, the significance of this weekend will be marred by Blair's presence.  Another anti-war organizer, Lea Krivchenia explained 'At my high school graduation in 2003, I gave a speech against the war. At my college graduation, a primary architect of that war was chosen to represent me. My coming of age has been marked by this war. I don't want the milestone of my graduation to go by without vocalizing my opposition.'WHAT: Yale Seniors Against the War protest during Yale graduationWHERE: Old Campus of Yale University, (285 College St), New Haven, CTWHEN: Sunday, May 25, 2008, 2 PM__._,_.___

 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! NewsOdd NewsYou won't believeit, but it's true

Best of Y! GroupsDiscover groupsthat are the bestof their class.

Special K Groupon Yahoo! GroupsJoin the challengeand lose weight.