{news} Bylaws proposal: definition of membership

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Mon May 26 16:25:37 EDT 2008

I don't think anyone from New London will be able to attend Tuesday's
SCC meeting, so I'd like to weigh in on this.  I think the proposed
guidelines are excellent. I would favor bringing them to the local
chapters for discussion, and voting on them next month (taking any
recommended changes into account).

In New London, where we have had continuous minor party status since
2001, we also require Green Party registration for membership.  We do
not stipulate the 90 day wait period, though I understand that would
make our rules consistent with those of the major parties in CT.

Thanks to the Fairfield Greens for working on this.

See you in June.
Ronna