{news} Rosa Clemente iN CT today- Nov.11, 2008

Tim McKee timmckee at mail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:22:57 EST 2008

Former VP Rosa Clemente spoke at Central Conn. State University to a
standing room only crowd of 200 and after wards met briefly with GP Co-
Chair Cliff Thornton, Scott Deshefy, Congressional Candidate and Tim
McKee, CCSU student and National Committee member.

Rosa was very upbeat and gave a great speech to many students and staff.

She spoke of how she wanted to help organize the GP more and maybe shape
the message more both behind the scenes and in speeches and on campus,
and community events. She still see the Greens as a mostly white, middle
age and male group.

One funny part to me was when a student asked why we emphasize the
Presidential contest, and not concentrate on local races. We had 5 of 5
Congressional races going, and a lot of local races but some how I think
she  missed those race complety. One year after we WON local high profile
races for town boards, in fact!

I will be posting pics soon as well.

Tim McKee

CT

Tim McKee, Manchester CT, main number cell-860-778-1304, 860-643-2282
National Commitee member of the Green Party of the United States
and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
BLOG-http://thebiggreenpicture.blogspot.com

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

To send a message to the list, write to:
Natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org
To unsubscribe or change your list options, go to:

You must know your password to do this.

If you can't figure out how to
unsubscribe, as a last resort only,
send a message OFF LIST to
steveh at olypen.com

If your state delegation changes, please see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/documents/delegate_change.html

To report violations of listserv protocol, write to

Get a Free Account at www.mail.com