{news} Fw: SEE LEGAL HISTORY MADE THIS FRIDAY: Oral argument in Green party Litigation

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:24:59 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike DeRosa
To: CTGP-candidates at yahoogroups.com ; DuffeeCommittee at yahoogroups.com ; ctgp-news-bounces@ ml.greens.org
Cc: 'Richard Duffee' ; 'David Bedell' ; 'RemyC' ; 'Harold Burbank II' ; 'Steve Fournier' ; 'Scott Deshefy' ; 'RALPH FERRUCCI' ; 'Mike DeRosa' ; 'Charlie Pillsbury'
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:45 PM
Subject: SEE LEGAL HISTORY MADE THIS FRIDAY: Oral argument in Green party Litigation

Greens:

Come see and hear legal history made in CT and the U.S.  We are very close to victory in our lawsuit to overturn the draconian CT finance law.  Judge Underhill indicated at the last hearing that he would rule in our favor by summary judgment.  Come here the legal arguments from each side and give support to our possible victory (against all odds) against the discriminatory and arbitrary law that was designed to keep us from ever getting a nickel from the CT campaign finance law.  If we win you can tell your grandchildren about this one!

When: This Friday Oct 10th  2PM.

What: Oral arguments for our motion for summary judgment against the State of CT"s draconian campaign finance law(Some say on par with Erin Brockovich and

 Better than  A Civil Action: come judge for yourself).

Where: United States District Court, Bridgeport CT

Written Directions:

Directions to United States District Court

9 1 5 L a f a y e t t e B o u l e v a r d

B r i d g e p o r t, C T 0 6 6 04

( 2 0 3 ) 5 7 9 - 5 8 6 1

North

Follow Interstate 95 south to Exit 27 (Lafayette Blvd), bear right onto Lafayette Boulevard,

proceed to the third traffic light. The Courthouse is on your left. Take a right onto State

Street and immediately get into the left lane. The parking garage is the first parking garage

on your left (diagonally across from the Courthouse).

South

Follow Interstate 95 north to Exit 27 (Lafayette Blvd), proceed straight to the third traffic

light. Take a left onto Lafayette Boulevard, go to the fourth traffic light. The Courthouse is

on your left. Take a right onto State Street and immediately get into the left lane. The

parking garage is the first parking garage on your left (diagonally across from the

Courthouse).

Coming South on Route 25/8

Follow Route 25/8 to Exit 2 (Fairfield Avenue), proceed straight to the third traffic light. You

are now facing the side of the Courthouse. Take a left onto State Street, proceed past the

first traffic light. The parking garage is the first parking garage on your left (diagonally

across from the Courthouse).

Coming from the Merritt Parkway

Northbound - Exit 49S, follow Route 25/8 directions above.

Southbound - Exit 52, follow Route 25/8 directions above.