{news} Sec of State says we have about 1, 700 Greens in Press release

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 01:55:12 EDT 2008

Thanks, Tim.  Those figures are worth looking at, so I'm pasting them below.
133 new Greens since January 1st is not a bad growth rate.

http://www.sots.ct.gov/sots/lib/sots/releases/2008/9.2.08_8500_new_latino_voters.pdf

TOTAL ACTIVE VOTERS BY PARTY AS OF 08/29/08
PARTY COUNT
A Better Future 3
A Connecticut Party 51
A Sentinel Party 35
Concerned Citizens 261
Connecticut For Lieberman 52
Democratic 718,329
Enfield Taxpayers Party 2
Friends Of Saybrook 20
Green 1,785
Independence 1,094
Independence For Montville 11
Independent 1,878
Libertarian 841
Norwich for Change 1
Orange Taxpayers 8
Pro-Bethel 5
Reform 83
Republican 409,664
Swing 2
Unaffiliated 808,342
Waterford Independent 1
Winsted Independent 42
Working Families 13
Working Families Party 1
===========
Total Active Voters 1,942,524

VOTERS BY PARTY REGISTERED SINCE 01/01/2008
PARTY COUNT
Connecticut For Lieberman 31
Democratic 57,759
Friends Of Saybrook 1
Green 133
Independence 192
Independent 231
Libertarian 86
Reform 1
Republican 16,905
Unaffiliated 49,049
Working Families 2
Working Families Party 1
===========
Newly Registered Voters 124,391

VOTERS AGE 18 TO 29 REGISTERED SINCE 01/01/08
PARTY COUNT
Connecticut For Lieberman 16
Democratic 26,380
Green 77
Independence 88
Independent 113
Libertarian 56
Republican 6,675
Unaffiliated 24,570
Working Families 1
Working Families Party 1
Newly registered voters since 01/01/08 57,977