{news} Courant's Jesse Hamilton blog on Green congressional campaigns

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:55:39 EDT 2008

(Follow the link for original webpage with graphics and hyperlinks.)

http://blogs.courant.com/on_background/2008/08/every-congressional-ballot-is.html

Every Congressional Ballot is Going Green
By
Jesse A. Hamilton
 on August 7, 2008 4:45 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Connecticut's Green Party will be on the ballot in all five of the state's
congressional races. Yes, people from Stamford to Enfield to Stonington can
vote for a "eco-social analysis and vision for our country," according to
the party's platform.

Don't like your blue or red choices in the five district's? These people
represent a third color option:

1st District: Stephen Fournier; 2nd District: G.Scott Deshefy; 3rd District:
Ralph Ferrucci; 4th District: Richard Duffee; 5th District: Harold Burbank.

 [I couldn't spot a Ferrucci campaign site yet -- I mean, one that's not for
his campaigns for Senate or mayor of New Haven. But his MySpace page
demonstrates he's probably the best electoral choice for those who enjoy
Goth drumming.]

Four of these candidates were brought to you buy the party's delivery of
16,000 signatures to the secretary's of state's office. Ferrucci in the 3rd
(currently held by Rep. Rosa DeLauro) had already been secured.

[As a special bonus to this blog entry, I'd like to offer you a reading from
one of the campaign sites, Duffee's. In the introduction to a poem that
includes "24 dramatic monologues about power relationships" on the site,
he's posted this explanation: "Eight of the monologues examine political
power, eight are on economic power, and eight are on social power. Half the
monologues are spoken by people who have more power than the people they are
talking about; half have less. Of the half who have more, half enjoy having
power over others while half try to relieve others. Of the half who have
less power than those they speak about, half accept their victimization
while half turn to confront their oppressors."  If I'm doing the math right,
I think the trains meet in Cleveland at 3:45 p.m.]

Oh, and don't miss Fournier's campaign video:
http://blogs.courant.com/on_background/2008/08/every-congressional-ballot-is.html