Fw: {news} Ballot Report - Tues. April 14

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 15 07:17:34 EDT 2009

Charlie,
My understanding has been like yours.  Indeed, I was rather surprised to see that to continue being a rep. to the International and Platform Committees I had to run in a statewide election, especially because we are such a tiny state, have relatively few Greens and have had difficulty even filling the spots allocated to each state party for these national committees.  Also, my experience in the past several years on the International Committee is that most state reps are volunteers with a definite interest in the work of a particular national committee, and are approved by their state party co-chairs or main governing body.

I'm not sure why running for IC or Platcom Committees was selected out for special attention in the election while your or David's wish to continue to be GPCT reps to the GPUS Dispute Resolution Committee does not require being on the ballot?

Justine