{news} Website update - bylaws revision

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:47:30 EDT 2009

Please take notice that I have revised the CTGP bylaws as published on our
website:
http://www.ctgreens.org/bylaws.shtml

This is to reflect the amendment approved by chapters and finalized at the
December 2008 SCC meeting, which changed the definition of individual
membership. (See 12-30-08 SCC minutes at
http://ml.greens.org/pipermail/ctgp-news/2009-March/003111.html ). The
practical effect of this amendment is that in order to vote at CTGP state
meetings and conventions, one must now be registered Green at one's town
hall.  The amendment does not change chapter policies for chapter meetings.

In order to maintain transparency, I've included a link to the older version
of the bylaws.

Thank you everyone for participating in this difficult and protracted, but
democratic process of bylaws amendment.  I think this will avoid potential
confusion and controversy about voting privileges at future state
conventions.

David Bedell