{news} Fw: News & Notes from Free & Equal Elections

Tim McKee timmckee at mail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:28:53 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----

From: "Christina Tobin"
To: "Christina Tobin"
Subject: News & Notes from Free & Equal Elections
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:09:23 -0500

News & Notes from:Free & Equal Elections   Read More at FreeAndEqual.org

Free & Equal Elections is a truly trans-partisan organization dedicated
to ensuring that ALL candidates have a spot on the ballot, regardless of
political ideology. We have been traveling across the country to meet
with like-minded activists who are dedicated to breaking the two-party
stranglehold on our electoral process. We continue to use this outreach
to help plan our all-out legislative assault on restrictive ballot access
laws.

After attending Freedom Fest in Las Vegas two weekends ago, and the Libertarian
National Committee meeting in St. Louis this past weekend, Free & Equal
Elections will be in North Carolina for the National Meeting of the Green
Party. There, we will meet with members of the Green Party and compare
strategies for ballot access.

As we gear up for next year's legislative sessions, we also are preparing
two publications due out at the end of this year.

A State-By-State Ballot Access Guide

The guide will list the requirements for an independent and/ or third
party candidate to achieve a ballot line, and will rank the states
according to the ease of their ballot access.

A State-By-State Lobbying Guide

This guide will feature recommendations for lobbying state legislatures
around the country to reform ballot access laws, and will include
ready-made bills for introduction.

Free & Equal will also be announcing in the coming weeks election reform
forums on the west coast to take place later this year. The focus of the
first forum will be stopping the spread of the Top-Two Primary in
California. These are just some of the first steps Free & Equal is taking
to ensure that restrictive ballot access laws become a thing of the past
before the next national election in 2010. To see more of what Free &
Equal is up to, check out our strategic plan for 2009-2010.  You can
download the plan from our website here. The plan details the steps Free
& Equal will take over the next two years to eliminate the restrictive
ballot access laws that make it difficult for Independent and Third Party
candidates to to secure their place on the ballot.  In order for Free &
Equal to reach our goals of eliminating restrictive ballot access laws
across the nation, we need your help. Please, give whatever you can today
to help ensure that the American people have a real choice on their
ballots. One way to help is to purchase Theresa Amato's new book Grand
Illusion: The Myth of Voter Choice in a Two Party Tyranny from our
website. The cost is $25 + $5 shipping. If you make a donation of $50 or
more, we'll send you an autographed copy. Make a donation to Free & Equal
today, and help break the Two-Party stranglehold on your ballot!

Click Here To Purchase a copy ofTheresa Amato's new book  Grand Illusion:
The Myth of Voter Choice in a Two-Party Tyranny ($25.00 + $5 Shipping) Donate
$50 or More to Free & Equal, and receive a signed copy!

 Help Reform Ballot Access Laws Today! Free & Equal Elections is a non
partisan organization dedicated to eliminating restrictive ballot access
laws that target Independent and Third-Party Candidates. Free & Equal will
challenge these laws, through lobbying of state legislators, court
challenges, and initiatives.

Tim McKee, New Britian, CT, main number cell-860-778-1304, 860-505-8454
 National Committee member of the Green Party of the United States and is a spokesperson for the Green Party of CT.
BLOG-http://thebiggreenpicture.blogspot.com

--
How Strong is Your Score?
Click here to see yours for $0!