{news} Anti-War March and Witness - Weds 5/20 9 AM

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Mon May 18 18:28:23 EDT 2009

Having trouble reading this e-mail? Click here to read it on the web.

COW Action Alert

Anti-War March and Witness Coast Guard Academy commencement New
London, CT

WHEN:

Wednesday, May 20
9 AM to 12 Noon
GATHERING POINT:

Williams Memorial Park (corner of Broad Street and Williams Street)
New London
COW, along with the Southeastern Connecticut Peace and Justice
coalition and Connecticut Students Against War (CT SAW), will march
from Williams Memorial Park to the gates of the Coast Guard Academy.
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano will be delivering the
commencement address.

After gathering and a short speaking program, we will be delivering a
message to Janet Napolitano to end the wars of occupation, provide
health care, jobs and education for all, end war spending while
funding financial and medical support for our troops and their
families, and make our cities and towns safe.

For those of you who have marched before, the Soldiers and Sailors
Memorial near the train station (our former starting point) is under
repair and reconstruction. Williams Memorial Park is on last year's
march route, on the corner of Broad and Hempsted Streets closer to the
Coast Gurad Academy.

To get involved, or for more information, contact John Murphy by email
at murphy at ctcow.org; or by telephone at (860) 995-3389.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send email to this address.
To never receive email from Connecticut Opposes the War, send email to
this address.
This email is sent from:
30 Arbor Street Suite 6N Hartford, CT 06106