{news} Rolf Maurer in Stamford Advocate debate video

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:52:23 EDT 2009

The Stamford Advocate/League of Women Voters debate Thursday night included all three candidates for mayor.  The entire debate can be viewed on video at:
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_13667967

Rolf made points about community gardening, Land Value Tax, local currency, mass and minor transit, police surveillance cameras, artificial turf fields, etc.

Although the Advocate editorial endorsed Democrat David Martin for mayor, at the end of the editorial it gave a nod to Rolf:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_13679647

"A word now about the third candidate in this contest, Green Party candidate Rolf Maurer. He has proven himself to be a very thoughtful, intelligent candidate who has brought many good ideas to this race, including on upping bus transportation and creating community gardens throughout the city.

"Our advice to voters is to vote for David Martin as mayor. Our advice to Mr. Martin is to pay attention to his opponents in this race. They have much to offer."

David Bedell