{news} Fw: Yale Healthcare Forum 9/18

vogel at ct.metrocast.net vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Wed Sep 9 04:12:33 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Progressive Democrats of America
To: vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 6:10 PM
Subject: Yale Healthcare Forum 9/18

            Dear Robert,

            PDA Save the date for Healthcare Forum

            YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS AND ANYONE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT HEALTHCARE ARE INVITED

            HEALTHCARE FORUM HIGHLIGHTING A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM
            DATE: FRIDAY, SEPT. 18, 2009
            TIME: 3P - 5P
            PLACE: YALE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE; HARKNESS AUDITORIUM
            ADDR: 333 CEDAR STREET; NEW HAVEN, CT
            PARKING: 20 YORK STREET

            PANELISTS: DONNA SMITH, from CALIFORNIA NURSES ASSOC.
            ORGANIZING COMMITTEE; (Also appeared in movie SICKO)
            DR. ROBERT POLLIN, ECONOMIST AT UMASS, AMHERST
            SPEAKER, PHYSICIANS FOR A NATIONAL HEALTH PROGRAM
            Invited, but not yet confirmed:
            JACOB HACKER, AUTHOR OF the "PUBLIC OPTION"
            REP. ERIC MASSA (NY), HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

            Get the FACTS on healthcare reform to set the record straight on what is currently happening in health care reform, while emphasizing the benefits of a single payer system in an honest and educational way. We want to shine light on single payer as compared with the other plans, especially the true savings vs. the high cost of the so-called "public option". Everyone is very confused right now and we need to get the facts straight. People want the unbiased facts that currently are not being provided to them.

            We are also asking if you can help man a PDA table with literature. Please email me back (bangelpda at gmail.com) if you can come at 2P to help set up and man a table.

            Please share this email with other interested folks you know.

            SPONSORS: Yale American Medical Student Association, Health Policy Action Team at Yale School of Medicine, CT Single Payer Coalition, including: Progressive Democrats of America, International Association of Machinists (IAM), United Electrical Workers (UE), Greater New Haven Peace Council, Greater Glastonbury for Peace and Justice, CT Students Against the War, Healthcare-Now, CT United for Peace and others.

            Thank you,
            Beth Angel
            CT State Coordinator, PDA
            Email: bangelpda at gmail.com

            Progressive Democrats of America is a grassroots PAC that works both inside the Democratic Party and outside in movements for peace and justice. Our goal in 2009: Expand progressive influence in Congress as we build on our 2008 electoral successes. PDA's advisory board includes seven members of Congress and activist leaders such as Tom Hayden, Medea Benjamin, Thom Hartmann, Jim Hightower, and Lila Garrett.

            More info | Find Chapters | Find Local Events

            Spread the Progressive Word--Shop PDAstore

            NOTE: To unsubscribe use the link below.

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy