{news} Please support Props 478 (Puerto Rican Independence) and 502 (IC Mission statement); voting ends 8/8 at midnight PDT

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 4 10:27:51 EDT 2010

Dear CT delegates to the NC,

There are two proposals being voted on now by the GPUS National Committee (NC) that are relevant to the International Committee, one of which is  sponsored by the GPCT:

1) Platform proposal 478 drafted by our own IC member Hector Lopez/GPCT, which supports self-determination and independence for Puerto Rico.  http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/propdetail?pid=478 ; http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/propresult?pid=478

2) The other is the IC's slightly modified Mission Statement which we passed last year and has yet to be approved.  Once this is passed, we can submit the remainder of our RP&P's, also endorsed by the IC last year.
http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/propdetail?pid=502 ;http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/propresult?pid=502

VOTING FOR BOTH ends Sunday, August 8 at midnight PDT
PLEASE vote YES on both Prop 478 and 502

Many thanks,
Justine

Co-Chair, International Committee, GPUS