{news} CTVotersCount - Update & Observation Sign Up

Jean de Smet j.desmet at att.net
Thu Nov 11 09:32:42 EST 2010

Thought this might be of interest to you.

As part of the change-over to optical ballot counting machines, actvitst
groups insisted on the right to observe the mandated hand re-count of
ballots (audits) of districts.  Now they are looking for volunteers to be
observers of the official audits.  I'm signing up, and so is Doug Lary.
Wndham has been randomly chosen before, but there's no telling which towns
will be recounted.

I'm particulary interested because I know that one of my votes was not
counted--I had a write-in that's not listed on the official tally.  Were
there others?  Did the machines work?

Jean de Smet