[TDA_wg] Outline of discussion at Hotwired IV

Allen W. Shafter awshafter at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:40:36 EDT 2015

This seems like a sensible solution/compromise to me.

I agree that a longer, formal name of the form [survey][UT date]:[RA, Dec
in J2000] with both temporal and spatial info will be important for machine
handling, and for transient follow-up (nice to have date of discovery in
addition to position readily available). For more informal reference, a
link for translation to a shorter name as suggested would also be useful. I
don't think a single naming scheme can be satisfactory for all situations.

-Allen

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:20 PM, George Djorgovski <george at astro.caltech.edu

--
Allen W. Shafter, Chair