[TDA_wg] EC approval of Division B Working Groups

Rob Seaman seaman at lpl.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 18 10:07:40 EST 2015

Hello IAU Time Domain WG,

The TDA WG had a brief but productive life under Commission 5 of the IAU. We are very grateful for the support given by Comm-5 and the new C.B2. The Working Group has now been bumped up a notch to the divisional level under Div-B which will broaden our direct reach to "Facilities, Technologies and Data Science”. The time domain reaches into almost all corners of astronomy, so our ultimate goal still remains a cross-division commission to be proposed again for the 2018 GA. In the mean time we welcome collaboration from all institutions and individuals on both the science and infrastructure of time-varying phenomena of all kinds.

If you are reading this message we will forward your name to Pietro as a WG member. Non-members of the IAU will be submitted as "IAU Associates” and we encourage you to apply to the IAU in 2018. If for some reason you don’t wish to be listed in the IAU web pages, please let me know now in a private email. The mailing list will remain public.

I especially want to thank Elizabeth Griffin, Vice-chair of the WG, who has worked tirelessly to navigate the sometimes arcane process.

Rob Seaman
Chair, IAU Div B Time Domain Working Group
Catalina Sky Survey, LPL
—

Begin forwarded message: