[TDA_wg] new opportunity for time domain astronomy

Conny Aerts conny.aerts at ster.kuleuven.be
Sun Apr 3 16:57:37 EDT 2016

Dear Time-Domain Astronomy fans,

Please consider the following new opportunity, even if you were not involved in SDSS so far:

The After SDSS-IV (AS4) Steering Committee is soliciting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for post-SDSS IV activities.

The first of the attached calls requests your ambitious vision for a future scientific program to be conducted in the 2020-2025 timeframe. The second requests your plan for ensuring the SDSS Legacy through long-term data distribution and public engagement.

The SC will begin review of LOIs in May.  We will host a teleconference next week (April 6) to answer any questions you have about the LOIs.  We will be posting call-in details as well as updates and additional information at www.sdss.org/future<http://www.sdss.org/future>.

We are very much looking forward to your LOIs!

Juna Kollmeier
on behalf of the AS4 Steering Committee

Conny Aerts (KU Leuven/Radboud) Scott Anderson (UW) Matthew Bershady
(University of Wisconsin) Michael Blanton (NYU) Daniel Eisenstein
(Harvard) Dani Maoz (TAU) Hans-­Walter Rix (MPIA) Connie Rockosi (UC
Santa Cruz) Bruce Gillespie (ARC, Ex­Officio) Rene Walterbos (ARC,
Ex­Officio)