[TDA_wg] Deadline for IAU GA LOIs: September 15

Seaman, Robert Lewis - (rseaman) rseaman at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 9 09:32:58 EDT 2019

Of interest to members of the IAU Time Domain Working Group:

The deadline for submitting Letters of Intent for symposia and focus sessions at the 2021 IAU GA is September 15. Proposals will be due on December 15:

https://www.iau.org/administration/events/future/

The IAU TDA WG has assumed responsibility for the series of meetings, Hot-wiring the Transient Universe, and a very successful Hotwired VI was hosted this summer by Northwestern University:

https://sites.northwestern.edu/hotwired6/

We anticipate Hot-wiring the Transient Universe VII to be held sometime between the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2022.

The TDA working group can also propose formal IAU symposia or focus sessions. Please advise (to my private email address) if you are interested in organizing time domain related symposia / sessions in 2021 or future years. The 2021 IAU General Assembly will be held in Busan, Republic of Korea:

http://www.iauga2021.org

An IAU Letter of Intent is relatively lightweight to compose and can be submitted via an online form (requires logging in to your IAU account). There is no penalty if a final proposal does not follow.

Best,

Rob Seaman
IAU Time Domain Working Group, Chair
Catalina Sky Survey