[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 8/11/2014

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 11 15:09:00 EDT 2014

Last Week:

  *   TL;DR - Implemented first part of QRCode work, studied Angular, worked around an unforgivable IntelliJ bug by doing a really annoying revert
  *   Monday & Tuesday - Vacation!
  *   Wednesday - Interviewed an internal candidate for our team and spent a bunch of time talking to Jason, Jim and Ivan.
  *   Thursday - We just can't get the Javascript QRCode reader to read non-trivially long QRCodes from a webcam off a phone. So we have a new strategy where we will just show the onion address and then grab the public key once we connect. I wrote the code to extend the client relay so the client can send it an onion address and get back the httpkey URL for that onion address. I worked with Jim on his deliverables. I then started studying Angular so I can finish the address book and hook in the QRCode support client side.
  *   Friday - Spent a good chunk of the day studying Angular and got to finish before a bug showed up. When we refactored into submodules this exposed a long standing bug in IntelliJ that it doesn't support gradle sub modules properly for debugging if there are resources. They had a work around but it didn't work for us. So their other work around was to update to EAP 14 but that's an early access preview that isn't even necessarily beta quality and it doesn't support the version of Android we are using. So I worked with Jason to revert the check in that introduce sub-modules but that introduced a bunch of merge conflicts. Getting everything cleaned up and working again took all of Friday and part of Saturday so we could get Jim unblocked.

This Week:

  *   Finish QRCode work in address book
  *   Get the PouchDB adapter working
  *   Integrate To Onion Proxy Library into the TDH