[Thali-talk] Google's Nearby

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Aug 18 15:01:42 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015, at 02:31 PM, Yaron Goland wrote:
> http://googledevelopers.blogspot.com/2015/07/connect-with-world-around-you-through.html
>

> Google has been playing with this for awhile. Nothing fundamentally new
> here although I think this is the first time they have made their audio
> based coordination technology available for third party use.

I agree! I am curious if this is all done on the device, or is somehow
reliant on their cloud. I guess I can do some testing with airplane mode
on.

At some level, this seems like just another API that can help in the
discovery process, if it is available on the device, but not the true,
open chime protocol I hope we can all still collectively develop.

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info