[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 2/9/2014

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 9 13:17:51 EST 2015

[Note: This is covering two weeks because last week I was at a hackfest]

Two Weeks Ago:

  *   TL;DR - Hacking our Cordova plugin to support node.js on Android.
  *   Monday - Bunch of internal calls. Spent a good chunk of the day hacking on Cordova for our node.js plugin. I've never used Cordova before so a lot of this was remedial learning.
  *   Tuesday - Created a new Cordova plugin project to wrap our Android library. Running into command line build failures though.
  *   Wednesday - After chasing down bugs that ran the gamut from typos (I HATE Javascript) to misconfigurations I got the new Cordova plugin library running happily.
  *   Thursday - RI's some changes Jukka made to Cordova and then refactored the Cordova code so it will now store the node.js files in a place that won't get nuked when we update the plugin.
  *   Friday - As part of trying to start exploring Bluetooth support for Android P2P I fixed our awful internal infrastructure (that depended on manually copying files) to use Maven Local instead and automate the full build. I then ran into a bug with a library we are using that took me a while to track down and debug.

Last Week:

  *   TL;DR - Spent Monday - Thursday at the team hackfest. Friday I was mostly OOF.

Next Week:

  *   Work with Briar's code<https://code.briarproject.org/akwizgran/peer-discovery/tree/master> to explore P2P on Android.