[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 6/26/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 26 11:50:17 EDT 2015

Matt - He spent most of yesterday working on his mock layer and testing. He didn't get help from Sreejumon for reasons I'll explain below. He is in a bit of a weird place since he can't really drive full speed without the mux layer (also discussed below). Since I'm going to be out for part of next week on vacation Matt will pair program with me today on the Mux work I'm doing so he can drive it while I'm out.

Srikanth - He spent most of yesterday trying to get a week old version of Sreejumon's Postcard app code working on Android. He couldn't use the latest version for the reasons explained in Sreejumon's status update. Today he will shadow Sreejumon all day because when Sreejumon is out Srikanth will own his issues.

Sreejumon - He ran into an issue that everything stopped working when he updated to the latest LevelDown-Mobile bits. This turned out to be an issue with building LevelDown-Mobile for windows. He worked with Oguz on this but when he got the 'fix' the result was that it now compiles but none of the PouchDB code works. So that basically killed his day. Today he hopes to figure out what the new issues are. He also has to finish Srikanth's training before he leaves for two weeks for vacation.

Brian - Still in England.

David - Actually completed figuring out JXCore and is now ready to start working on the Story -1 code.

Jukka - He spent most of the day updating his Story 0 code to the latest API definitions. He still needs to add in support for handling multiple incoming independent Bluetooth connections and dealing with some event and state management behavior. If he gets that done then he will start the UPnP experiments to see if that gives us more discovery bytes.

Oguz - He is busy integrating Srikanth's crypto code for PKCS12 and HKDF into JXCore directly so all JXCore users will get the benefit of Srikanth's work. He has also been working on getting LevelDown-Mobile published on NPM and figuring out the problems that Sreejumon has been running into.

Yaron - I did a bunch of research into how to solve the framing issue but Matt handed me the solution on a platter, a NPM library called multiplex. I then wrote some test code for it showing it working on Android. Now I need to test its connection error handling and actually integrate it with Jukka's Story -1 code just to see it run on Bluetooth. I'll do pair programming with Matt on it so he can drive while I'm out next week.