[TheClimate.Vote] Daily climate change destabilization news - for candidates and elected officials. May 13, 2016

Contact TheClimate.vote contact at theclimate.vote
Tue May 24 19:32:40 EDT 2016

   Daily summary of climate destabilization news for May 13, 2016
Please feel free to forward

    Obama and Nordic leaders: Economic activity in the Arctic must
    pass*climate*test
    <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/05/13/obama-and-nordic-leaders-economic-activity-in-the-arctic-must-pass-climate-test/>

Washington Post 	 -‎1 hour ago‎

President Obama and the leaders of five Nordic nations will agree Friday
to apply strict environmental standards and*climate*goals to commercial
activities in the Arctic, a pledge that could have major implications
for everything from future energy*...*

    Donald Trump Taps*Climate Change*Skeptic As Key Energy Adviser
    <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-energy-advisor_us_5736048be4b08f96c1830536>

Huffington Post 	 -‎2 hours ago‎

WASHINGTON, May 13 (Reuters) - Republican presidential contender Donald
Trump has asked one of America's most ardent drilling advocates
and*climate change*skeptics to help him draft his energy policy. U.S.
Republican Congressman Kevin Cramer of ...

    <http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/obama-methane-epa.html>

    EPA Methane Leak Rules Take Aim at*Climate Change*
    <http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/obama-methane-epa.html>

New York Times 	 -‎19 hours ago‎

The rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from cars and power plants,
the two largest sources of*greenhouse gas*emissions, form the
centerpiece of Mr. Obama's*climate change*agenda. They are at the heart
of his pledge under last year's Paris ...

    The things people ask about the scientific consensus on*climate
    change*
    <http://phys.org/news/2016-05-people-scientific-consensus-climate.html>

Phys.Org 	 -‎9 hours ago‎

It's been almost a month since the paper I co-authoured on the synthesis
of research into the scientific consensus on*climate change*was
published. Surveying the many studies into scientific agreement, we
found that more than 90% of*climate*scientists*...*

    Exxon*climate change*'fraud' probe recalls tobacco windfall
    <http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/12/exxon-climate-change-fraud-probe-recalls-tobacco-w/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS>

Washington Times 	 -‎13 hours ago‎

An investigation by Virgin Islands Attorney General Claude E. Walker
into whether Exxon engaged in*climate change*“fraud” is drawing charges
that the end game for Mr. Walker and other like-minded attorneys general
is a mammoth payday modeled after the ...

    New Model Quantifies Impact Of Potential*Climate*& Energy Regulation
    On Company Profitability
    <http://cleantechnica.com/2016/05/13/new-model-quantifies-impact-potential-climate-energy-regulation-company-profitability/>

CleanTechnica 	 -‎1 hour ago‎

The Investment Leaders Group has published a new report detailing the
results of a new model which quantifies the impact of
potential*climate*and energy regulation on company profitability. CISL-2
The Investment Leaders Group (ILG) is an international ...

    Should we be fighting the*climate*crisis like we fought World War
    II?
    <http://www.treehugger.com/climate-change/should-we-be-fighting-climate-crisis-we-fought-world-war-ii.html>

Treehugger 	 -‎1 hour ago‎

Over at the New Republic, Emma Foehringer Merchant writes about
"*climate*mobilization" and asks Should We Respond to*Climate
Change*Like We Did to WWII? She notes that in World War II the
government essentially used its powers to get industry to stop ..

    Civil disobedience is the only way left to fight*climate change*
    <http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/13/civil-disobedience-climate-change-protesters>

The Guardian 	 -‎6 hours ago‎

Many of the changes that need to be made to tackle*climate change*would
also improve the quality of life for the majority of people on the
planet - from allowing people in Beijing to go outside without wearing
pollution masks, to creating good jobs for*...*

    The vicious cycle that makes people afraid to talk about*climate
    change*
    <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/05/12/the-vicious-cycle-that-makes-people-afraid-to-talk-about-climate-change/>

Washington Post 	 -‎21 hours ago‎

If you want to understand why it is that on a planet wracked by*climate
change*, people still don't talk much about*climate change*, then this
may be the key: They're people. Or, more specifically, they're evolved
social mammals who are acutely attuned*...

*

    Air Pollution and Impacts on Women's and Children's Health
    and*Climate Change*
    <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-margaret-chan/air-pollution-and-impacts_b_9946500.html>

Huffington Post 	 -‎8 hours ago‎

When household pollution drifts outside, it releases large quantities of
black carbon, a short-lived*climate*pollutant - making home cookstoves
the second largest contributor to black carbon emissions globally,
behind forest grassland and agricultural*...*

Links are gleaned from various internet news sources by Richard Pauli

    Google News for global warming subjects http://bit.ly/23b0e59
    Climate Nexus
    http://climatenexus.org/messaging-communication/current-events
    Carbon Capture Report http://www.carboncapturereport.org/
    Reporting Climate Science http://www.reportingclimatescience.com/
    Daily Climate http://www.dailyclimate.org/
    Science News http://esciencenews.com/
    Science Daily https://www.sciencedaily.com/news/earth_climate/
    Inter Press Service News http://www.ipsnews.net/news/environment/
    Carbon Capture Report
    http://climatechange.carboncapturereport.org/cgi-bin/dailyreport

Prepared by http://TheClimate.Vote delivering succinct information to
candidates and elected officials
Forward this email to your representatives and candidates

/* security note  -This is an informal, but private list.  There will
NEVER be attachments to these messages - The intention is to offer text
only content with links - all sources are listed and if you are greatly
concerned about security, you are encouraged to read the URL of link and
copy the source it into your browser  */