[TheClimate.Vote] Nov 14, 2016 - Daily Global Warming News for voters, candidates and officials

4 at TheClimate.Vote 4 at TheClimate.Vote
Mon Nov 14 02:44:39 EST 2016

/Forward this email to voters and candidates and stay well-informed
about global warming - November 14, 2016 /

    Here's What's on Donald Trump's*Climate Change*Hit List
    <http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trumps-climate-change-hit-list-519904>

Newsweek 	 -‎11 hours ago‎

    Former Vice President Al Gore expresses hope that Trump will work
    with the “overwhelming majority of us who believe that
    the*climate*crisis is the greatest threat we face as a nation,”
    while the New York Times' Andy Revkin argues that the U.S*president
    doesn’t make a huge amount of difference when it comes to climate
    anyway.*
    *Going by his campaign promises, though, the Trump era is shaping up
    as an open season for the fossil fuel industry. Coal stocks are
    soaring, and there are strong indications that TransCanada might put
    the Keystone XL pipeline back on the table....*
    *Trump promised to “cancel” the international climate change accord
    in his first 100 days of office.... There’s a three-year period
    before any country can give notice to withdraw, plus one year before
    that pullout takes effect... in the meantime, the United States
    could severely handicap the deal by not following through on
    emissions cuts and reneging on promised funds for global climate
    adaptation....*
    *Trump has promised to repeal the Environmental Protection Agency
    regulations that would curtail carbon dioxide emissions from power
    plants—the single biggest domestic accomplishment of the Obama
    administration on climate....*
    *Trump promised to repeal every new rule imposed by the Obama
    administration that harms coal....*
    Trump has already named the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Myron
    Ebell a noted climate science denier, to head his environmental
    policy transition team....
      With Trump’s election, TransCanada, the company behind the
    pipeline that would bring Canadian tar sands oil to the Gulf, is
    ready to finally get the greenlight after the Obama administration’s
    refusal. The Dakota Access pipeline is also a sure bet

    ExxonMobil is supporting the Paris*climate*agreement
    <http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/13/13609912/exxonmobil-supporting-paris-climate-agreement>

The Verge 	 -‎4 hours ago‎

    The energy industry has long resisted efforts to rein in fossil fuel
    consumption for decades to combat*climate change*. It is mildly
    surprising then, that ExxonMobil released a statement earlier this
    week announcing its support of the Paris*climate**...*

    African migration expected to rise due to accelerated*climate
    change*- UNEP
    <http://www.africanews.com/2016/11/13/african-migration-expected-to-rise-due-to-accelerated-climate-change-unep/>

africanews 	 -‎4 hours ago‎

    Africa faces a surge in internal and cross-border migration in the
    coming years due to increased*climate change*and its impact on life
    and livelihood.

    How*Global Warming*Is Awakening Deadly Diseases
    <http://www.seeker.com/how-global-warming-is-awakening-deadly-diseases-2092321154.html>

    Seeker 	 -‎53 minutes ago‎

    But*global warming*is also triggering deadly changes on the micro
    level. Julian Huguet has the scary details in today's DNews report.

*Our Obligation to Humanity in the Face of Climate Change
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/yasmine-sherif/our-obligation-to-humanit_b_12925940.html>*

    Even if the ever-mounting evidence that climate change is and will
    disastrously affect our lives is proven otherwise, it behooves us to
    prepare for it and to mitigate its risks and threats. This is what
    any reasonable government, military, company or organization would
    do for unexpected scenarios. In the humanitarian world it’s called
    the ‘less-likely’ or ‘worst-case’ scenario...
    Fortunately, we have taken the first steps. The entry into force,
    this month, of the Paris Climate Change Agreement and the 2015
    Adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Core
    Commitments of the World Humanitarian Summit based on the UN’s
    Agenda for Humanity of 2016; and the entire body of Human Rights
    instruments, reflect and guide our collective responsibility to
    prevent, manage and reverse the disaster impact of climate change....
    Our global responsibility entails unpacking existing evidence of
    trends and current impacts, while also taking appropriate action. We
    have to both reduce greenhouse gas emissions and look holistically
    and globally at economies, poverty, education, trade and human
    rights. And again, even if we are wrong about climate change, we
    will end up building a better world to equally serve humanity in all
    its corners....

        You may also subscribe/unsubscribe at
        Links from various internet news sources curated by Richard
        Paulifor http://TheClimate.Vote delivering succinct information
        for citizens and responsible governments of all levels.  Fair
        use asserted.The .VOTE domain must be used for democratic and
        election purposes and cannot be used solely for commercial
        purposes. The list membership is confidential and records are
        scrupulously restricted to this mailing list.