[✔️] August 29, 2021 - Daily Global Warming News Digest

👀 Richard Pauli richard at theclimate.vote
Sun Aug 29 10:53:09 EDT 2021

/*August 29, 2021*/

[ Hurricane view]
*Hurricane Ida at 28.7°N - 89.8°W*
Near Jefferson Parish, LA
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/goes/floater.php?stormid=AL092021

[just how does a 93 year old man escape arrest?]
*'I'm here for my grandchildren' | XR Grandparents on ITV | 27 August
2021 | Extinction Rebellion UK*
Aug 28, 2021
Extinction Rebellion UK
Charmian (67) and Arnold (93) chat live from Bank, London to ITV's This
Morning show, 27 August 2021 at 10:30am.

Extinction Rebellion Grandparents and Elders:
https://www.facebook.com/XRGrandparents/

1. Tell The Truth
2. Act Now
3. Beyond Politics

World Map of Extinction Rebellion Groups:
https://rebellion.global/branches/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACuDkrO__A

[hot is more than tracked]
*Satellites may have been underestimating the planet's warming for decades*
By Stephanie Pappas --  May 26, 2021
A new comparison of measurements finds that some don't add up.
https://www.livescience.com/satellites-underestimated-global-warming.html

- -

[I have met Dr. Ben Santer - one of the most early, contentious climate
scientists - he was the first targeted by the fossil fuel industry]
*Using Climate Model Simulations to Constrain Observations*
Benjamin D. Santer1, Stephen Po-Chedley1, Carl Mears2, John C. Fyfe3,..More
Published-online: 29 Jun 2021
https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/aop/JCLI-D-20-0768.1/JCLI-D-20-0768.1.xml

[flooding ]*
**A midwestern town moved uphill to survive the elements. Can others do
the same?*
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/21/valmeyer-illinois-town-moved-uphill-escape-flooding

[Audio history of the misinformation battles https://youtu.be/MondapIjAAM ]
*The Time America Almost Stopped Climate Change | Climate Town*
Jan 21, 2021
Climate Town
We've totally beefed it on climate policy for 30 years, let's try a new
approach.
sUbScRiBe FoR mOrE ViDes: https://www.youtube.com/c/climatetown...
PATREON PAGE: https://www.patreon.com/ClimateTown

First and foremost, thank you so much for taking that little trip down
memory lane with me. It's easy to forget that there was a time when the
greenhouse effect wasn't politically controversial, and Exxon was the
world leader in climate science. There's probably a good utopian novel
about what would have happened if a few things had gone differently. Oh
well.
https://youtu.be/MondapIjAAM

[classic lessions in climate science and bad video framing
https://youtu.be/oleTEpKoNOg]
*Dr Friederike Otto explains 'The Attribution Question'*
Aug 24, 2016
Environmental Change Institute
Whenever an extreme weather event impacts society, people ask whether
human-induced climate change played a role. Scientists are now able to
answer this question for many extreme weather events. however the answer
that you get depends on how you ask the question.

Dr Friederike Otto is the lead author of a new paper, 'The Attribution
Question', that explores this idea.

To read the full paper go to http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nclimate3089
For more information go to wwa.climatecentral.org
https://youtu.be/oleTEpKoNOg

[The news archive - looking back]
*On this day in the history of global warming August 29, 2005*

August 29, 2005: In a Huffington Post piece, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. notes
the irony of Hurricane Katrina assaulting the Gulf Coast just a few
years after the Bush administration decided to give preferential
treatment to the fossil fuel industry with regard to energy policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr/for-they-that-sow-the-win_b_6396.html

- Privacy and Security:*This mailing is text-only.  It does not carry