[✔️] December 29, 2021 - Daily Global Warming News Digest

👀 Richard Pauli richard at theclimate.vote
Wed Dec 29 08:43:51 EST 2021

/*December 29, 2021*/

/[ Senator Warren awakens ]
/*Warren urges crackdown on Wall Street over global warming**
*28 December 2021 *
*US Senator Elizabeth Warren has blamed Wall Street for contributing to
global warming, calling for action against major emitters.

“The volume of greenhouse gas emitted by the financial-services industry
is outrageous,” she said in a tweet on Monday.
US Senator Elizabeth Warren has blamed Wall Street for contributing to
global warming, calling for action against major emitters.

“The volume of greenhouse gas emitted by the financial-services industry
is outrageous,” she said in a tweet on Monday.
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/12/28/673588/US-Senator-Warren-Wall-Street-global-warming/

/[ small regional magazine lays it out]/
*Why Climate Change Denial Still Exists in the United States*
POSTED DEC 27, 2021 HUDSON VALLEY STYLE MAGAZINE

    At first glance, it’s hard to understand why climate change denial
    still exists in the United States despite solid scientific evidence
    showing that the phenomenon is both real and man-made. While many of
    us like to point the finger at politicians, special interest groups
    and big oil companies are also to blame for keeping citizens in the
    dark about climate change and its harmful effects on our
    environment. These three groups are often referred to as climate
    change deniers because they refuse to believe or agree with
    scientific facts, even when they have money on the line....

https://hudsonvalleystylemagazine.com/why-climate-change-denial-still-exists-in-the-united-states/*/
/*

/[   The Movie is still important ] /
*Watch the New Netflix movie "Don't Look Up" Because...*
  DEC 26, 2021
This movie is really about the coming climate change extinction event
and how we are NOT managing it.
The New Netflix movie "Don't Look Up" has a host of big-name Hollywood
stars in it. Every time they mention the comet-causing extinction event,
they are really metaphorically talking about a climate change extinction
event. (Leanardo DeCaprio is a prominent climate change educator.)

What You Can Do to Adapt to, Survive, and Slow Down the Coming Avoidable
and Unavoidable Climate Change Extinction Emergency
There is a lot of bad news in the Don't Look Up movie for the future and
in the 2022 climate predictions mentioned above, but we can still do
many things to slow down this climate extinction emergency and live
longer, more comfortable lives.
Watch the new Netflix movie "Don't Look Up" with a host of big Hollywood
stars. It's not so secretly about climate change extinction and what you
have just read...
https://www.joboneforhumanity.org/watch_the_new_netflix_movie

/[  Young,  wisecracking cynical //Brit//youtube video ]
/*Climate Change: Capitalism's Final Boss*/
/münecat
https://youtu.be/YbYpbXMUsYM

/[  Long transcript of 34 min  video from World Economic Forum -]/
*Stakeholder Capitalism*
Robin Pomeroy, Digital Editor, World Economic Forum
Stakeholder Capitalism is a series of videos and podcasts that looks at
how economies can be transformed to serve people and the planet.
In this episode, we ask if a healthy planet can co-exist with the
economic growth required to raise living standards, especially in
developing countries.
The episode features insights from climate activist Risalat Khan, Lord
Nicholas Stern from the London School of Economics and Mariana Mazzucato
from University College London.
Robin Pomeroy - Digital Editor, World Economic Forum
Since the first industrial revolution, economic development has been