[✔️] March 20, 2023- Global Warming News Digest | new IPCC report, Cyclone Freddy, Australia ignores 2040, Hagens interviews Schmachtenberger - Krishnamurti, Gore in 1989

R.Pauli Richard at CredoandScreed.com
Mon Mar 20 06:49:21 EDT 2023

/*March 20, 2023*/

/[ New report from IPCC ] /
*Nations approve key UN science report on climate change*
Governments gave their blessing Sunday to a major new U.N. report on
climate change, after approval was held up by a battle between rich and
developing countries over emissions targets and financial aid to
vulnerable nations
By FRANK JORDANS Associated Press
March 19, 2023,

BERLIN -- Governments gave their blessing on Sunday to a major new U.N.
report on climate change, after approval was held up by a battle between
rich and developing countries over emissions targets and financial aid
to vulnerable nations...
- -
Among the thorniest issues at the current meeting were how to define
which nations count as vulnerable developing countries, making them
eligible for cash from a “loss and damage” fund agreed on at the last
U.N. climate talks in Egypt. Delegates have also battled over figures
stating how much greenhouse gas emissions need to be cut by over the
coming years, and how to include artificial or natural carbon removal
efforts in the equations.

As the country that has released the biggest amount of carbon dioxide
into the atmosphere since industrialization, the United States has
pushed back strongly against the notion of historic responsibility for
climate change.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/fight-science-holds-key-climate-report-97971652/

/[Tweets Conversation ]
/IPCC  @IPCC_CH
Tune in 2pm CET (Central Euopean) [ 6 AM Pacific, 9 AM EST. ] on Monday,
20 March for the livestream from Interlaken, Switzerland of the hybrid
#IPCC press conference to present the Summary for Policymakers of
#ClimateChange 2023: Synthesis Report. ]*
*

/- -/

/[ Live at 9 AM EST, 6 AM PST ]
/NEWSROOMPOST
*Live stream of IPCC press conference to launch the Synthesis Report of
the Sixth Assessment Report*
The press conference will be streamed live on the IPCC YouTube channel:
https://bit.ly/SYRPRcfe.
It will also be streamed live on UN Web TV.
https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1d/k1df15sj4e
*IPCC Press Conference:  Release of the Synthesis...*
https://www.ipcc.ch/2023/03/18/live-stream-of-ipcc-press-conference-ar6-synthesis-report//

///[ Weather is changing - recent cyclone sets new records  ]/*
**Cyclone Freddy*
Very Intense Tropical Cyclone Freddy was an exceptionally long-lived,
powerful, and deadly storm that traversed the southern Indian Ocean for
more than five weeks in February and March 2023. Freddy is both the
longest-lasting and highest-ACE-producing tropical cyclone ever recorded
worldwide. It was the fourth named storm of the 2022–23 Australian
region cyclone season, and the second very intense tropical cyclone of
the 2022–23 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season.

    Formed    4 February 2023
    Dissipated    15 March 2023
    Duration    5 weeks and 4 days
    Highest winds    10-minute sustained: 220 km/h (140 mph)
    1-minute sustained: 270 km/h (165 mph)
    Lowest pressure    931 hPa (mbar); 27.49 inHg
    Fatalities    569 total, 282 missing

*Records*
Freddy holds the record as the longest-lasting tropical cyclone
worldwide, beating the previous record of Hurricane John in
1994.[169][170][171] Freddy also holds the record for the all-time
highest accumulated cyclone energy of a tropical cyclone worldwide, with
an ACE of 87.01, breaking the former record of 85.26 which was set by
Hurricane Ioke in 2006.[172][173][174] Freddy was the first tropical
cyclone to undergo seven separate rounds of rapid intensification.[173]
Freddy was one of only four systems to traverse the entirety of the
southern Indian Ocean from east to west; the others were cyclones
Litanne in 1994 as well as Leon–Eline and Hudah in 2000.[174]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Freddy

/[ Time to sensibly plan for the future  ]/
*The Aukus deal is a crime against the world’s climate future. It didn’t
have to be like this*
Jeff Sparrow
By the time Australia gets its first nuclear-powered submarines,
ecological collapse will already have reshaped world politics
Sun 19 Mar 2023
Under the terms of the government’s nuclear submarine purchase, the
first Australian-built Aukus class vessels come into service in the
early 2040s. What else might be happening then?

According to the IPCC, at current rates, the planet will have warmed
more than 1.5C above its pre-industrial state. In fact, many scientists
believe temperatures could smash the 1.5C barrier as soon as 2030 or
2035 – that is, around about when Australia receives the first of its
Virginia-class nuclear subs...
- -
In 1953, Dwight Eisenhower spelled out what the first cold war race
signified, saying, “Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who
hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.”

We know, with a level approaching certainty, that climate change is
coming. So how else can we think about Australian’s unprecedented new
arms expenditure other than as an awful crime against the future?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/20/the-aukus-deal-is-a-against-the-worlds-climate-future-it-didnt-have-to-be-like-this

/[ a quick video dive with Nate Hagens -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dhRuAxBXk ]/
*Daniel Schmachtenberger on The One Marshmallow Reward Circuit*
Nate Hagens
823 views  Mar 19, 2023  #thegreatsimplification #natehagens
#danielschmachtenberger
Excerpted from The Great Simplification Episode #31 aired on August 10, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dhRuAxBXk
- -
/[ //Full Episode: video //]/
*Daniel Schmachtenberger: "Sensemaking, Uncertainty, and Purpose” | The
Great Simplification #31*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFqnPEyweE&t=0s

- -

/[referenced:  conversations with J Krishnamurti and David Bohm]/
J. Krishnamurti - Brockwood Park 1983 - Conversation 1 with D. Bohm - Is
there an action...
J. Krishnamurti - Official Channel
510,802 views  Jan 7, 2014
J. Krishnamurti - Brockwood Park 1983 - Conversation 1 with David Bohm -
Is there an action not touched by thought?
Q:  What is the future of man?
All the problems that humanity has now, psychologically and in other
ways, are the result of thought. We are pursuing the same pattern of
thought, and thought will never solve any of these problems.

The whole structure of the me is put together by thought. The me is my
consciousness, which is my name, form, all the various experiences. Is
consciousness individual, or is there one inseparable consciousness of
mankind?

Whatever action is born of limited thought must inevitably breed
conflict. Dividing humanit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvL4uNA4U-k

/[The news archive - looking back at a missed opportunity to change. ]/
/*March 20, 1989*/
March 19, 1989: Senator Al Gore (D-TN), writing in the New York Times,
observes, "In 1987, carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere began to
surge with record annual increases. Global temperatures are also
climbing: 1987 was the second hottest year on record; 1988 was the
hottest. Scientists now predict our current course will raise world
temperatures five degrees Celsius in our lifetimes. The last time there
was such a shift, it was five degrees colder; New York City was under
one kilometer of ice. If five degrees colder over thousands of years
produces an ice age, what could five degrees warmer produce in a
lifetime? In a classic experiment, a frog dropped in boiling water jumps
out. The same frog, put in the water before it is slowly boiled, remains
in the pot. Our environment is at the boiling point. Will we react?"

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/19/opinion/an-ecological-kristallnacht-listen.html

*Mass media is lacking, many daily summariesdeliver global warming news
- a few are email delivered*

sender. This is a personal hobby production curated by Richard Pauli