[✔️] Feb 25 2024 Global Warming News | Dana Fisher optimist, Climate shocks, Envisioning the future, 2005 Kyoto pull out

Sun Feb 25 08:43:26 EST 2024

/*February*//*25, 2024*/

/[ Strange positivity, since everything is local, things won't get
better until they get worse   ]/
*'Saving Ourselves' by Dana Fisher: A policy cascade only after millions
die from climate shocks!*
Nick Breeze ClimateGennFeb 24, 2040 ClimateGenn #podcast produced by
Nick Breeze
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_KA9gR6zLeG-8oxVqsQjpDx4y89DhU-s>This
episode with Dana R fisher is the unofficial part 2 of 3 looking at the
sociological side of collective action, while we try to slow the sinking
of the Titanic, to make homes on the lifeboats.
The rub in all this is that Dana’s message is not dissimilar from Roger
Hallam’s (unofficial part 1). She agrees that millions will likely die
before the so-called Anthroshift kicks in and we get the cascade of
structural policies we need to respond en masse to the crisis. The
detail in all we discuss is in Dana’s new book, ‘Saving Ourselves - From
Climate Shocks To Climate Action’. https://amzn.to/49FkoxM
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbEs4YWRUT05IZHBpM010aE4yVWthc1NQVHNOd3xBQ3Jtc0tudWcyV1hNT1FQa2R6T2E5c0JTVnZCdkxmS0VweHFOUVRPSVlXSG1tczhOc2ozS1A0SXA2SjBuMjVHUWFjUUxsSHlyNk9GRGxRVHRDUXBIRHc5bTBybXo3UWR2RDVHRl9DNlRpeUFad1N1a1E4YzdKYw&q=https%3A%2F%2Famzn.to%2F49FkoxM&v=hg4eQaPxU10>
If you want a close up lens on the structural failures to date, coupled
with the determination of those in power to ignore the loud and clear
science, then please do consider buying my book COPOUT. I’ve had great
feedback from climate luminaries such as Sir David King, Bill McKibben,
Alice Hill, Rupert Read, and others. https://amzn.to/3wgep3R
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbWRjS2ZIcXNzNkFMRXk4cG9nbEx3VVRHeWI1QXxBQ3Jtc0trcm5yRnhKVnFpWXJEWGVyd3RpaHI1b0R0R1RiY01uZDFydE1ZaUtYdkZfb1pkMC1OQjRLdUhSOGZISVdjTnROR0tLcDkzeDV2Z2dvcXV3UjhNbWczdG5hSWQ3emt6T3FqUTBESlNXci1BSTVGdUZtNA&q=https%3A%2F%2Famzn.to%2F3wgep3R&v=hg4eQaPxU10>
Thank you to all subscribers for your support. It is greatly received as
it allows this series to continue. I get so many requests for interviews
and it is getting harder to keep up. More supporters means more
interviews can bet processed. Thanks again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg4eQaPxU10

- -

[ her book ]
*Saving Ourselves: From Climate Shocks to Climate Action (Society and
the Environment) Hardcover – February 13, 2024*
by Dana R. Fisher

We've known for decades that climate change is an existential crisis.
For just as long, we've seen the complete failure of our institutions to
rise to the challenge. Governments have struggled to meet even modest
goals. Fossil fuel interests maintain a stranglehold on political and
economic power. Even though we have seen growing concern from everyday
people, civil society has succeeded only in pressuring decision makers
to adopt watered-down policies. All the while, the climate crisis
worsens. Is there any hope of achieving the systemic change we need?

Dana R. Fisher argues that there is a realistic path forward for climate
action―but only through mass mobilization that responds to the growing
severity and frequency of disastrous events. She assesses the current
state of affairs and shows why public policy and private-sector efforts
have been ineffective. Spurred by this lack of progress, climate
activism has become increasingly confrontational. Fisher examines the
radical flank of the climate movement: its emergence and growth, its use
of direct action, and how it might evolve as the climate crisis worsens.
She considers when and how activism is most successful, identifying the
importance of creating community, capitalizing on shocking moments, and
cultivating resilience. Clear-eyed yet optimistic, Saving Ourselves
offers timely insights on how social movements can take power back from
deeply entrenched interests and open windows of opportunity for
transformative climate action.
https://www.amazon.com/Saving-Ourselves-Climate-Society-Environment/dp/0231209304

[ facing the future - the Hero's journey ]
*Envisioning the Future*
Facing Future
Feb 23, 2024  #ClimateBreakdown #TomRiley #PaulBeckwith
What will the planet be like in 10 years or 20 years? #ClimateBreakdown
is upon us, and critical systems are on the verge of failure.  Will
young people plan their lives based on the destructive paradigm of
endless growth, and consumerism? Or will they see themselves as leaders
in a movement to adapt to the changing conditions that are in the
pipeline? What role will AI play in our future?
#TomRiley, former NASA engineer and author of three climate detective
novels, #PaulBeckwith and host, Dale Walkonen explore the how stories
can inspire necessary and ethical action.

Tom's latest novel, Dark Heat, is available on
https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Heat-Sara...

note: Abigail Disney, not the CEO of Disney, opposes the use of private
jets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KToc-n3kLg k

/[The news archive -  ]/
/*February 25, 2005 */
February 25, 2005: In a piece on state-level efforts to address carbon
pollution, the Boston Phoenix's Deirdre Fulton notes:

    "Though the United States accounts for almost 25 percent — more than
    any other single country — of the world’s global-warming emissions,
    advocates say there’s been little federal action on this issue since
    at least 2001. That’s when George W. Bush, echoing concerns that had
    also been voiced by his predecessor Bill Clinton, opted out of
    Kyoto, citing national economic concerns and calling on developing
    nations to commit to greater sacrifices than they do under the
    current agreement. No wonder China, India, Mexico, and Brazil signed
    on, say US and Australian leaders. They have much less to lose as
    more stringent emissions regulations go into effect for other
    nations worldwide.

    "The US position may or may not be fair, but we do know this much:
    it doesn’t move us very far toward addressing the looming problem of
    global warming. And that makes regional and state-level efforts all
    the more important."

http://web.archive.org/web/20050315235150/http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/multi_3/documents/04495072.asp

Privacy and Security:*This mailing is text-only -- and carries no images
or attachments which may originate from remote servers. Text-only
messages provide greater privacy to the receiver and sender. This is a
personal hobby production curated by Richard Pauli