[YARDStick] Yardstick One and Windows 10?

Dominic Spill dominicgs at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:12:15 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have built a test firmware for you and uploaded it here:
https://dominicspill.com/RfCatYS1CCBootloader.hex

You'll need a copy of the rfcat source too.

>From the rfcat/firmware directory, run the following:
wget https://dominicspill.com/RfCatYS1CCBootloader.hex
rfcat --bootloader --force
rfcat_bootloader /dev/RFCAT_BL_YS1 erase_all
rfcat_bootloader /dev/RFCAT_BL_YS1 download RfCatYS1CCBootloader.hex
rfcat_bootloader /dev/RFCAT_BL_YS1 verify RfCatYS1CCBootloader.hex &&
rfcat_bootloader /dev/RFCAT_BL_YS1 run

This should change the USB descriptors and hopefully Windows 10 will
recognise the YARDStick One.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,
  Dominic

On 2 May 2016 at 17:46, Dominic Spill <dominicgs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 May 2016 at 17:19, Travis Lee <eelsivart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It shows up in the Windows 10 device manager as: "Unknown USB Device (Invalid Configuration Descriptor)"
>
> That's what I thought it might say.  There's an off by one error in
> the USB descriptors, I guess Windows 10 is more strict about this.
>
>> Yup, I have another system that works with the yardstick.
>
> I'm trying to build you a firmware binary so that you can test an
> updated firmware to see if it fixes the problem.  Unfortunately I'm
> flighting the compiler right now.  I'll upload something when I manage
> to build it.
>
> Dominic

>>> r_devices/win-10-installed-in-vmware-doesnt-detect-usb/ff0b08dc-3192-4