[YARDStick] Yardstick & rfcat - no receive functions work on Windows

Dave Wakelee dwakelee at rochester.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 21:04:24 EST 2016

Hello Cinaed,

Yes, all the TX or RX commands require some setup (frequency, mode, etc).
Yes, I can transmit fine - successfully using the device to send 304MHz
packets to my ceiling fans.  The next step was to receive some packets from
my 433MHz temperature sensors, and that's when I encountered the exception
errors on Windows.

All the automated receive functions of rfcat were failing.  The root cause
was traced to Python (on Windows) not supporting the select() function for
keyboard input (used by rfcat to end receiving).  If you take a look in the
replies to this issue on the rfcat bitbucket site where the code resides,
atlas provided some test code which corrects the receive issue on Windows.

Best regards,
Dave