[YARDStick] OOK transmission is not in the expected size

Hakan Tolgay hakantolgay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 04:30:45 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am new to the rfcat and trying to learn it via trial and error. However,
I couldn't find an explanation for the following behavior.

I have been trying to transmit some binary data such as 10101010 which is
AA in hex. When I did that with the following commands, I observe more than
8 bits of data. You can find the links of both spectrum dump and the signal
recording (as sound file) below. Please tell me what I don't know and what
I am missing. Thanks

sudo rfcat -r

>>> d.setFreq(433000000)
>>> d.setMdmModulation(MOD_ASK_OOK)