[YARDStick] ImportError: No module named usb

Vincent vincent.63 at libertysurf.fr
Wed Mar 28 10:06:51 EDT 2018

Yard stick one seem to be a very good tool, but for my part I can’t get it work on three different computers.

Pentoo, crash my PC (asus) on start, I try 4 different version. So I went to Gentoo.

Gentoo comes with Python 3.4… I learned after a lot of testing that the problem would be Python 3.4..

(Thank-you Mike Walter)

rfcat -r
File « /user/bin/rfcat » line 45
            print « Protecting you from yourself. If you want to trigger Boutloader mode (you will then *have* to flash a new rfcat image on it) use the argument as well »

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I discovered how to change Python version to 2.7…  (every time I try the testing on mac OS also, with different language typing).

Right now, after installing different version of rfcat and (pyusb or liusb) I still can’t use my Yard stick one..!

$ rfcat -r
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/rfcat", line 8, in <module>
   from rflib import *
 File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/rflib/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
   from chipcon_nic import *
 File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/rflib/chipcon_nic.py", line 4, in <module>
   import usb
ImportError: No module named usb
This message error on mac OS and Gentoo.

Someone would have a solution….?

Vincent.