{news} CT candidate results

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:42:42 EST 2004

I've updated the election results for our candidates at
http://www.greens.org/elections

Aaron, can you copy the CT candidate results from that site to ctgreens.org?

In brief, the results are (in order of percentage):

Joyce Chen: State House of Representatives    - 1405 votes, 27.28%
Nancy Burton: State House of Representatives   - 1649 votes, 17.9%
Mike DeRosa: State Senate   - 2050 votes, 11.36%
John Amarilios: State Senate   - 2799 votes, 9.53%
Calvin Nicholson: Registrar of Voters    - 2618 votes, 8.34%
Thomas J. Sevigny: State Senate   - 2371 votes, 5.06%
Ralph Ferrucci: U.S. House of Representatives   - 7174 votes, 2.6%
Colin Bennett: State Senate   - 1069 votes, 2.35%
David Bedell: Registrar of Voters   - 8 votes, 0.021%
David Albano: State Senate   - 0 votes, 0%

I'll check again when the SotS has final results posted.

I've learned that the write-in mechanism on our voting machines is another
impediment to democracy.  I would have gotten at least 10 votes if everyone
had figured out where the write-in windows are.